Viet Nam Vet

-
wat division were you guys in? if in the Marines? My dad was in the Third Division

my time would have been in the 60`s and they wouldn`t take me because of health issues. it wouldn`t hurt so bad if i didn`t lose some of my friends over there. it rips my heart out.
god bless your brother and all involved with that horrible thing they called a war over there.

This thread just gave me goosebumps. God bless all of our military. I didn't have the balls back when I was a teen to commit.:angry7:

I was still in High school when I turned 18, then was in the draft lottery when I turned 19. My lottery number was 355, so I never was classified above 1H.

I was still in High school when I turned 18, then was in the draft lottery when I turned 19. My lottery number was 355, so I never was classified above 1H.

High school for me was during the Reagan admin.(85) I chose to party and then start a family, niether one worked out to well #-o. My stepson is a Marine at Camp Pendleton. He was headed the wrong direction but I couldn't be prouder of him now.

way back, when i tried out for pop warner football, they gave you a number, it was #63 on my tag. when i tried out for little league baseball, yup # 63. in the draft lottery, you got it, #63. after i was knocked down by the military in 69, i went out and bought a 63 bicayne and put a 427 in it from a 69 corvette, totaled out w/3000mi. on it. my apologies, i couldn`t afford the mopars back then. ronnie sox was and will be forever my hero. finally got my cuda. thought that was kinda strange back then. boy, i`m gettin old.

Ha, Who you calling old :salute:

Life in the 60’s was anything but sad. When I returned from Viet Nam in 1967 the times had changed considerably and getting back into civilian life took some effort. I was lucky that one of the Midwest guys in my squad bay played guitar and taught me a few song. I made lots friends in college (GI Bill) and we spent most afternoons sitting in the quad strumming the latest hits on the radio. They understood why I kept going to classes when they were on strike and I understood why they were on strike. I drive a 65 Barracuda today, because I drove one then. I remember these times, as some of my best memories. When I get into the Barracuda its summer of 68 and the beach was just down the road. greendart72 I hope your brother feels the same way, remind him that every Viet Nam Vet he runs into is his brother, whether Marine, Air Force or Army.
Welcome Home :cheers:

Good post. I was in the I Corp area of Vietnam in 67-68 and when I got out in 1969 I purchased a 1969 1/2 Dodge Super Bee Sixpack. It was Q5 Sea Foam Turquiose. I still have it and the memories of back then. I am proud of my service and of all the men and women who have served and those who are still serving.

army.togetherweserved.com or if he was a marine marines.togetherweserved.com there is a version of this site for all branches hope it helps

It sounds as though you have your head screwed on right now. I am glad that he went in the Marines. They should make him into a fine young man.

I was going through some stuff a while back and found a cassett tape my brother made when he was in Nam, in it he told me that when he got back to the states he was going to buy him self a Roadrunner. In 74 he did buy one it was a 69 four speed gold in color. Sold it a few years later.

I gave the tape to him about a year ago, don't know if he has listened to it yet. Last time I asked him he hadn't, he didn't know if he wanted to.

Greendart 72:

Others have said it, but tell your brother Thanks for Serving from another FABO'er. My hubby is 66aCuda and is another Vietnam Veteran - I think the site he looks at is military.com but there are some military reunion type sites out there to help him in his quest.

It would be really good for him to get in touch with some of his war-time buddies....I wish him all the best, and you, too, for helping!

I used to work with a lot of Vietnam Vets one path finder and one that was on a FOB as a arty guy but not sure what unit he was with.

Try over at gunbroker.com in the forum section they have an area for Vets and a lot of guys find each other after years of not talking and they help each other out as well.

Good luck and thank him for his service and WELCOME HOME.

Hi guys,
My brother served in Nam and has been trying in vain to make contact with some of the guys he served with. He was with B Battery 5th 42nd Arty between 1970 and 1971. If your one of those guys please let me know, He would love to make contact. Thanks, Hope you guys don't mind me posting this.
I served in Vietnam in 69 and 70 4th Infantry division, have your brother contact the Vietnam Veterans of American vets organization, they have a book that has every Nam vets name and info in it (only if they sent it in and alot of use have).e theveteran@vva>org better yet go to www.vva.org he will get some great infor from them, from one Nam Vet to another WELCOME HOME..

Major Richard Prairie,vietnam veteran passed away last week.He earned the silver star,vietnamese silver star with valor,purple heart,and too many others to mention.Bravo co.US Army.He was a true war hero.

Sorry to learn of the loss. We, "E" Troop 1/1 Cav. 11th. LIB Americal Division, lost a brother a couple of weeks ago. He was scheduled to attend our reunion last year and couldn't make it. We are losing Nam Veterans like crazy.

Hi guys,
My brother served in Nam and has been trying in vain to make contact with some of the guys he served with. He was with B Battery 5th 42nd Arty between 1970 and 1971. If your one of those guys please let me know, He would love to make contact. Thanks, Hope you guys don't mind me posting this.

Good luck to your brother, my father served there 66-67 as a combat photographer. He spent a lot of time with the 101st airborne and the Marines.

My brother found the guy he bunked with in Nam, he lives in San Antonio. He received a phone call from him the other day. Sad thing is he is in stage 4 with cancer. My brother is thinking about buying a round trip ticket and flying down there to see him.
He also is in touch with another member of his outfit and that guy is trying to get a reunion going.
So some good new and bad but at least it's something.

-
Back