Views from my house this morning.

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
I'll be picking up limbs and shaking the snow off trees until this snowstorm ends!

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

Man I hate seeing that. It always sucks when the snow comes early and the leaves aren't off the trees yet,especially when it's a wet heavy snow.
It's supposed to hit us tomorrow:angry7: I hope the guy with the Ford Exploder has good insurance.

Forward this to Al Gore. Gobal warning LOL
It is a stark reminder that winter will be here too eventually.

:toothy10: And I was complaining because I had frost on my windshield this morning. Looks like the trees didn't much like it either!

Luckily it hasn't actually been snowing that hard. This could be much worse than it is. On the downside, they are calling for snow until tomorrow.

Well, it looks like the snow has subsided. I took a drive and there are trees and limbs down all over town. I saw a limb take out a power line right across the street from me. None of the fallen branches hit any of my vehicles but sever of my neighbors got it. The city tree crew will be busy for the next couple of weeks cleaning this mess up.

Did you lose your power? Since I have lived here in NC, we have had two big ice storms that resulted in me losing power for a week each time. It really sucks losing power for those long periods.

I think I now have that covered. I bought a generator and we have not had a power failure since.

I talked with some folks around town and some areas lost power for short periods of time. I never lost power or phone but I'm surprised given the number of limbs down on my street.

GTX, the mysterious white stuff (also known as snow in these parts) is kinda related to what you folks in the SF Bay area know as fog ... just colder and heavier. And it comes in handier at putting out wildfires than the mudslides do in southern CA.

Yeah, I know what you mean about winter arriving early! What a bummer. It was only 71F in SoCal today. I'm gonna have to start wearing a heavier jacket when riding my motorcycle back and forth to work everyday!
Sorry - I just had to.

Yeah, I know what you mean about winter arriving early! What a bummer. It was only 71F in SoCal today. I'm gonna have to start wearing a heavier jacket when riding my motorcycle back and forth to work everyday!
Sorry - I just had to.

Just to show how strange SoCal is, when I woke up this morning it was 30F:toothy10: But I am up in the mountains. I think we may get some good snow this year. May even get to go out to glamis early this year if this cool wether keeps up.

I am glad you have power and all is safe at your house We got hit bad last year and did not have power for 6 days.
Not looking forward to this year, I hope it's a mild one

My drive way is there some where and trees feel everywhere from the ice storm :angry7:

storm 079.jpg

storm 135.jpg

storm 137.jpg

That AlGore is full of $hit!!! And so are most of the politicians in Washington who want to triple or quadruple your energy bills based on the junk science that is GloBULL warming.

Man I hate seeing that. It always sucks when the snow comes early and the leaves aren't off the trees yet,especially when it's a wet heavy snow.
It's supposed to hit us tomorrow:angry7: I hope the guy with the Ford Exploder has good insurance.

ya, our trees are still green...we're gonna have trouble here...

Autumn passed us over this year. This September was the hottest September on record in SW Montana ... now this. Its snowing again right now.

We're supposed to get some of that same snow here tomorrow. Lots of green trees here too. It'll be a mess if there's any real build-up.

Glad to hear you didn't lose any power or suffer any damage.

That AlGore is full of $hit!!! And so are most of the politicians in Washington who want to triple or quadruple your energy bills based on the junk science that is GloBULL warming.

I agree and the snow SUCKS :angry7:

-
Back