-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cascius

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Just picked up a 74 Plymouth Duster that is super clean for it's age. Slant 6, 3 speed manual transmission, manual steering, manual drum brake car with small bolt pattern. Perfect candidate for that 340 4 speed clone, or to drive as it is. The engine currently in it has a hole in the side of the block. Have intentions of replacing the engine with a perfectly running slant 6, but figured I'd see if there is any interest in the car the way it sits. Only rust on the outside is in the passenger rear lower quarter, a very tiny bit in the driver's rear lower quarter, and a dent in the passenger rocker panel. Driver's fender is pretty banged up and door is a little tweaked, but not terrible. Driver's door glass is broken. Passenger front floorpan has one small tear in the floor, and the passenger rear trunk floor extension is rusted where it meets the quarter. Compared to a lot of the other local cars I've seen this one is super solid. Has 45K showing on the odometer, but would assume it's rolled over at least once. Bench seat and rear seat both need covers. Door panels could be salvaged, but are kind of rough. Dash pad needs replaced. I tried to get pics of everything I could to show that this is a pretty clean all original car. Will run the VIN tomorrow with the KS highway patrol to see if I can get a title for it. Have bill of sale only right now. Like I said, just checking to see if there is any interest. If not, I'll get it running and clean it up a little more and then see what kind of reaction I can get. Asking $3500 OBO. Don't really need any trades. Thanks.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e309/cascius/Duster/?start=all

no offense but that price sounds a little high for what it is and what it needs.

good luck on the sale though

It very well may be. Don't really know what it's going to bring, but figured I've gotta start somewhere. I'd rather start high and work down than price it too cheap and give it away.

He said he was starting low and working up. Don't just say no thanks.

Start negotiating!

74's should have large bolt patterns, mine does I have a 74, are you sure about the year??
Pics would be nice....

my 75 dart started life with SBP drums all the way around and it was power also. LBP manual disc on the front and 11 inch drums out back now .

I think you are pretty high and the $1,000 is very generous for the kind of work that car needs. There was a really nice duster for sale here in town for $3,000 but it was also a /6 car converted to a v-8 with schumaker mounts.

I think you are pretty high and the $1,000 is very generous for the kind of work that car needs. There was a really nice duster for sale here in town for $3,000 but it was also a /6 car converted to a v-8 with schumaker mounts.

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. Personally, I'll keep it for $1,000. Compared to a lot of the other stuff that is currently for sale locally it is a very solid car that wouldn't take a lot of work to make a driver out of. As stated before, if you don't like the price then make an offer. I'm am negotiable and know what it will probably bring, but figured I'd start high just like anyone else would.

Can I get in on the dogpile?

What happened to don't like the price, keep it to yourself?

Carry on! :iconbigg:

Now stare at the boobies and be happy!

Evening bump. Got the engine swapped out last night. Car originally had a 195 slant six in it, now has a 225 slant six in it. Hoping to get the fuel tank in and hooked up tomorrow and be a little closer to being able to drive. Have a deal working on a window for it, and now looking for a rear leaf spring. Noticed last night that the passenger rear main spring is broken. Will try to get those issues addressed before it leaves my posession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back