WA state Bill - Tax for Engine displacement

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
A slant 6 would be $225.00! $400 for a 440. Just as an example if this thing passes. It does not specifically exempt "classic cars"! Also see the additional "fees" for "emissions". We could be paying $400.00, or more, to register our vehicles annually if this thing passes.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6900&year=2007#documents

Check this out...go down to where it says "Original Bill" and read it. This bill was just brought to the WA senate, it's been referred to different commitees. I figure if I bring this to your attention you can bring this to everyone you know there who doesn't want to pay a stupid amount of money for having a car just to pay for roads in Seattle. I would imagine this bill won't make it past the commitees but just in case it's probably a good idea to get people aware of it so the can petition their Legislators now.

They will use the money to filter the eastbound air. LOL
Good luck

I do not think it will fly because it would be to difficult to maintain. They could try and use VIN numbers but motors get changed. My Duster is a /6 car yet I have a V8 in it now so I only pay for the /6 fees? The car already has a collector plate on the car so it has permanent licensing.

My guess is it will only work for cars 30yrs and newer because 30 yrs and older cars can get collector plates. They are targeting SUV's because they have been labeled as the anti-Christ.

They are just trying to get at us for passing I-695. Remember when we voted for it and it passed with flying colors then the State sued us (the tax payers) saying it was unconstitutional and the State Supreme Court sided with State? Then Gov Lock made his own law to keep the peace because he knew it would get ugly.

Chuck

Good news. According to Senate Republican Caucus Chair, Linda Evans Parlette, bill 6900 did not make it out of the Senate transportation committee.

It is dead for now because the session is almost over. A similar bill will be back, you can bet on that.

Chuck

Good Grief! $600 for my '95 Ram V10!! Sure hope this stays up north and doesn't come south to Calif. Your best bet is to vote those idiot bill authors out next election.

Here in Va. we have personal property taxes that are levied on any car,boat, bike,trailer,camper,etc. that you own. They`re due each year in June and December and remind me of how I`m persecuted for owning anything. With the economy in the toilet like it is, the state should be thankful that we have any thing left.

Well, I can tell you there will be a bunch of 361s running 10s if that passes...lol

Moper, what they were going to do is use the code off the VIN to determine your engine. Sounds like /6 cars would be the thing to buy that way you only pay the /6 fees but swap in a big motor.

Chuck

This is why I'm scared to go to college back in the Northeast or in the Rust Belt. So many stupid super-liberal wackos making all the decisions, I'm afraid to drive anything there except a POS Honda! I can see it now, me cruising down a street in Boston in my Duster, the 360 and uncatalyzed dual exhaust rumbling obnoxiously; then everybody starts staring at me and screaming, "Way to ruin the environment!."

On another note just FYI, global warming is a crock. This SAME EXACT THING happened over a hundred years ago (and a hundred years before that) what with the global temperature rising and the polar ice caps shrinking. Of course it all came back and went back to normal in due time. Not to mention BY FAR the gas that has the BIGGEST effect on our climate is in fact water vapor and makes up a large amount of our atmosphere (obviously), while things like CO and NOx make up less than 1%. Now I understand in places like big cities where smog is a big problem, but that's my point... Pollution is only a problem in condensed areas; it doesn't really affect the whole world, apart from really huge factories (and even then it's only is really tiny bit). People can be so full of **** it makes me sick. If we really want to clean up the air, we should plant more trees in big cities.

Correction: I just looked it up to make sure, and water vapor accounts for around 1% of the atmosphere; CO2 is around 0.038%, and CO and NOx are less than 0.00005%.

And I thought New Jersey was insane. It's not the liberals here, it's the good ole boy's getting jobs for their family and friends. I think there's about 10 of us working in private industry, we support the state workers and politicians. Guess I'll have to get a job on the gravy train! :angry7:

-
Back