Wake up a 1968 318...

-
I've heard several people call the two barrel that was on my '68 teen a single. But no, I've never seen a single barrel carb on a teen.

The carter BBD is often mistaken for a one barrel, because it has one large opening in the top. Lots of people never bother to look down the throat. lol

That sounds great! Have you driven it yet?
I was daily driving it for several weeks. It's been running not, and I think that the water pump is bad so it's been parked for a couple weeks. Changing the pump to a high flow and putting in an FSR aluminum radiator this weekend and should be back on the road.

I was daily driving it for several weeks. It's been running not, and I think that the water pump is bad so it's been parked for a couple weeks. Changing the pump to a high flow and putting in an FSR aluminum radiator this weekend and should be back on the road.

Make sure you also replace the thermostat with a high flow one, or else the high flow water pump is really for naught.

Yup. Got the Mildon 180 degree high flow and a fancy chrome housing too. LOL

Word of warning on that housing. Run it over some sandpaper on a flat concrete floor, because they have a bad habit of not being straight on the bottom.

Word of warning on that housing. Run it over some sandpaper on a flat concrete floor, because they have a bad habit of not being straight on the bottom.
All aftermarket crap does that. No one makes quality part like that anymore. But yes, thank you for the reminder.

to be fair, if you didn't know much about carb's and lifted the air cleaner you'd think it was a 1 barrel with the big round choke flap and all.
edit, too slow on the reply there :rolleyes::D

Absolutely and I already agreed with you. lol

If u are able pull the castrated stock camshaft and put a Towing or RV cam in there then u will see some unexpected potential !!!

-
Back