Want feed back for project car

-

67 prostreet gt

Reaction score
Hi I'm 18 and I have been working on my 68 dart for a lil over 3 years now ( June 18,2010 :) ) and I have been replacing everything on this car and I mean everything so is I'd like to hear what u guys think of it and how it would do in the young guns rear wheel drive class down in Carlisle

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

The 526 wedge aka the monster
Factory 440 block that my dad gave me when he pulled the motor from his truck before he installed a 1000 hp blown wedge
K1 technology crank and rods
Keith black pistons
Indy top end
T&d valve train
Be cool radiator
Mezeite electric water pump
Stahl fender well headers

Nice.....just don't wrap it around a tree. I know when I was 18, I would've been outta control with that kind of power.

Hell....you got me beat with that car!

Rear suspension is a ladder bar with coil over I worked for about 6 months to get the s60 strange with 4.10 gears, it is narrowed and I do have will wood brakes on her

Attachments

• photo_002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 324
  • photo_001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 327
Ok before anyone says that this is my dads car and that he paid for everything all I have to say is that ya paid for some things but for the most part I paid for the parts I did the work my dad helped me at first with welding and fabrication but that's not the case now I put my own cage in and I wired and installed the s60 in almost all by myself I had a friend of mine help with the welds for the ladder bars mounts and shock mounts

1967formulaS said:
Looks great!. Keep up the good work.
3gears.gif
Thank you

that's a hell of a car....screw the young guns....go right to the BIG guns!

Nah don't have that much creativity put into it to compete in those categories ...................................... Yet

Looks great. All I can say is that stance looks a little funky in a couple of pics (back end lower than the front, maybe not level side to side). It could also just be the pics give that perspective.

You have some nice equipment! And everyone knows a 68 Dart is the Baddest **** on the street or track:D.

Congratulations young man! That's a fine piece of work in my opinion. You've worked your butt off and made it your own. My kids are much older now, but at 18yrs old, if they'd accomplished what you've done, i'd be super proud. Nice job :thumleft::thumleft::thumleft:.

Sweet! Is dad looking to adopt anymore kids? I'm 43 but I don't eat much lol

I was going to say - nice job and you're lucky. My Dad's not into cars at all... I started with nothing. Still have most of it :D.
A few comments -
the cage - it is the camera or does that front driver's side drop seem cooked? It looks like the bend at the dash is too far. Not sure it really matters but before you weld in the door bar or hinge/bar.
The stance is a little odd - I'd have it scaled (4 corners) and read up on propoerly setting it up if your Dad isn't up on it.
Check the alignment too - it looks funky to me.
You might find, if the hood is not sealed to the air filter, that the open lid can cost you power, especially on the big end. You might want to try using two elements stacked with that base and a solid lid.

The cage is a lil bent at the dash I bought a jegs cage kit to convert the car from a 4 pt cage to a 6 pt and I do has to scale the car the reason the car is looking lop sided is because the driveway isn't flat

Awesome car, and for your age, you are very talented.
You should be given some kind of medal for what you've accomplished.
Your dad deserves a big cudos as well.
Go out and get 'em in the young guns!

-
Back