Washer pump (manual) location??

-

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my washer system working as original after some dolt attempted to convert it to an electric pump. It's a '68 Barracuda FB. I have the manual rubber washer pump setup from a '70 Dart and was told they would be the same as what my Cuda should have. However, after pulling up the carpet, I can't figure out how or where it is supposed to mount to the floor/firewall. Do they interchange? Anybody have any pics of their manual washer pump installed?? Thanks.

In my 69 Dart the foot pump mounts just below the left vent box. The bolt holes are actually behind the vent box itself.
~Michael

I looked that up on Google, and it lead me back to this post where I found out you got the answer.
That's funny.

Creedmoor,
I am in Kelso, WA if you need a hand with anything. Just shoot me a message and we can arrange something.
~Michael

Michael,
Thanks man. Really appreciate the help. Monday, I get the pass. floorpan replaced and possibly the drivers side too. Then new carpet goes in. After that I have a buttload of little mechanical/electrical things to deal with. Might have to get a hold of you for some of 'em. I'm having Classic Restorations do my floorpans. They are local and specialize in Mopars. Ever hear of them or deal with them?

Creed, be very careful when you put the hoses on the plastic nipples on the foot pump. They are 43/44 year old plastic and brittle. Take it from someone who just broke theirs!
When I put mine back together, I plan on dipping the hose ends in hot water to make them more pliable.

Michael,
Thanks man. Really appreciate the help. Monday, I get the pass. floorpan replaced and possibly the drivers side too. Then new carpet goes in. After that I have a buttload of little mechanical/electrical things to deal with. Might have to get a hold of you for some of 'em. I'm having Classic Restorations do my floorpans. They are local and specialize in Mopars. Ever hear of them or deal with them?

Sorry Creed never heard of them. Luckily for me I have no rust in my dart. I would be happy to assist with the mechanical/electrical things though.
~Michael

-
Back