Wat u think I will run in the 1/4 with my combo

-

Garza08

Reaction score
My motor is being built with this set up just looking for opinions in wat i will or should run first time ever doing a motor

Motor
- 360 block
- Holley strip dominator aluminum intake
- .040 bore over Keith Black hp190 pistons
- X-Heads 72 cc I think is wat the previous owner told me
- compression should be about 10.5 to 1
- stock crank has been turned and polished
- eagle piston rods
- summit headers
- dual super 40 flowmasters exhaust system
- right now I have a 650 carter 4 barrel carb
- aluminum radiator

904 stock tranny and stock converter

All this in a 1973 Duster with 14 in ralley wheels in the front and 15 in ralleys wheels in the back

All opinions would be appreciated or suggestions

I'll say 13's....that stock converter will hurt. Cam? '73 Dusters are also heavy (mine is over 3,300 pounds.) Eagle rods...? Haven't heard much good about them, sorry. I would prefer a set of OEM 340 rods with good bolts over an Eagle rod. What tires? What gears? What shocks/springs?

stock converter...street tires...stock gearing....somewhere in the 14s ...

you will need to feather it off the starting line so the tires do not spin..

First, welcome. Second, get used to being asked for a lot more detail if you know it...lol
I dont think any 360 A body should be in the 14s if it's got any level of tuning on it, never mind something with a little magic done to it. But, not knowing a lot more detail especially in regard to rear diff, gears, and cam it could be anywhere from low 13s to as high as you want to guess. If you have 3.23s and a limited slip (GM's term is "posi", meaning both wheels are powered when you floor it) and it runs well and is tuned well, it could be low 13s. If it's the 7 1/4, 2.74 open, and it's running on 7 cylinders or has no timing curve in it, it could be much slower.

Sorry guys an thanks I forgot to mention some things

- I have a pro comp cam that is a 570 lift
- car has 3.55 posi gears
- will use slicks

Converter an tranny will be changed when I can afford it till then that's wat I run stock lol
-

Sorry guys an thanks I forgot to mention some things

- I have a pro comp cam that is a 570 lift
- car has 3.55 posi gears
- will use slicks

Converter an tranny will be changed when I can afford it till then that's wat I run stock lol
-

you go all that way, and your right there...put the converter in, you'll thank all of us later when you can't pull your head off the head rest all the way down the track LOL

high 13's
1.90's 60'
who cares how fast you can go just be consistent with what you have,you will have fun.
Upgrade transmission and converter later

I am hoping for 13s but just wanna enjoy myself

I have a demon 850 carb

My question is is that carb good or to big for the motor I'm building

I'm hoping it will be done by spring

with stock converter and stock gears...the 850 is going to kill you ET...

until you change those...a vacuum secondary carb will ET better....

"I have a pro comp cam that is a 570 lift"

what is the duration of the cam?.....

13.99 ...... .... If you make a good pass with some luck.later year dusters where perry hefty

Run the 650 to start.You did not say if heads had work done.Only way stock heads work witha .570 lift cam is to spin them up.(AKA Suoer Stock combos).

-
Back