Watch who you argue with.

-
I argued with some guy at work that 30 thousands was .030- he insisted it was .0030
We were in a group, nobody else corrected either of us :rolleyes:
hahah why would they correct... i would stand there and listen to that argument all day :)

They were probably to busy enjoying the show

hahah why would they correct... i would stand there and listen to that argument all day :)
Plumbers, ain`t none of them knew :rolleyes:
So neither of you would side with me?

A young welder said I was wrong with reverse polarity was stinger on + ground on -
He said I was recently in school, I oughta remember, another guy was agreeing with him.
Had me second guessing myself. It was 46 years when I got out of welding school.
At home, I broke out Lincoln literature and was right.
Shoulda bet money on both instances

I argued with some guy at work that 30 thousands was .030- he insisted it was .0030
We were in a group, nobody else corrected either of us :rolleyes:
Directory
Grinebiter
By using our website, you accept our use of cookies. OK
What is 30 thousandths?

Thousandths

30 thousandths could be used to describe time, distance, and many other things.

30 thousandths means that if you divide "something" into one thousand equal parts, 30 thousandths is 30 of those parts that you just divided up.

We converted 30 thousandths into different things below to explain further:

30 thousandths as a Fraction
Since 30 thousandths is 30 over one thousand, 30 thousandths as a Fraction is 30/1000.

30 thousandths as a Decimal
If you divide 30 by one thousand you get 30 thousandths as a decimal which is 0.030.

30 thousandths as a Percent
To get 30 thousandths as a Percent, you multiply the decimal with 100 to get the answer of 3.00 percent.

I hope that helps.

View attachment 1716116890Grinebiter
By using our website, you accept our use of cookies. OK
What is 30 thousandths?

View attachment 1716116891

30 thousandths could be used to describe time, distance, and many other things.

30 thousandths means that if you divide "something" into one thousand equal parts, 30 thousandths is 30 of those parts that you just divided up.

We converted 30 thousandths into different things below to explain further:

30 thousandths as a Fraction
Since 30 thousandths is 30 over one thousand, 30 thousandths as a Fraction is 30/1000.

30 thousandths as a Decimal
If you divide 30 by one thousand you get 30 thousandths as a decimal which is 0.030.

30 thousandths as a Percent
To get 30 thousandths as a Percent, you multiply the decimal with 100 to get the answer of 3.00 percent.

I hope that helps.
All that was un necessary, any car guy knows thirty thousands is .030 Old school guys anyhow.
My goodness they`re in your face with feeler gauges and spark plug gappers:BangHead:

Try having an argument with someone who thinks that 1/3 cup is less than 1/4 cup. Because 3 is less than 4, right? Never mind the fact that a smaller number in the denominator makes for an overall larger number. And most people who think things like that don't know what a denominator is.
Oh, I forgot this tidbit. Try talking to someone who thinks 1 1/3 cup in a recipe means 1/3 of a cup one time. When you try to tell them it means one whole cup plus 1/3 cup, they will say, "Then why didn't it say that?"
I like that one.

for the first one, they probably add things up like this

:lol:

Had a “mechanic” insist a SOHC V6 was DOHC because it had 2 cams …..
Couldn’t Splain it to him . Lol

Go ahead back up
Saw that one firsthand. Owner of the concrete mixer truck was teaching a new driver. He said to the driver ok go ahead and back up, so the kid moves the truck ahead about 10’ then proceeds to backup. We were all roaring with laughter and the owner was just shaking his head

Had a “mechanic” insist a SOHC V6 was DOHC because it had 2 cams …..
Couldn’t Splain it to him . Lol
Well, he did have a point. A stupid point, but a point nonetheless. Can't you just see some lawyer and a judge agreeing with him.
Have you ever seen a car company advertise their engines as having 'Multi Valve Heads'? I believe the Ford Coyote motor has 4 valves per cylinder, and I have often heard it referred to as a Multi Valve Head. Don't all heads/cylinders have 'multi' valves?

-
Back