WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.

-
My first new car was a ‘72 Duster. First modification I made to it was some Gabriel High Jackers, with ET spun aluminum’s, and a set of L-60’s. Next was the Craig Powerplay. Most powerful 8 track stereo at the time. I think it pumped out an incredible 7 watts. :thumbsup:
I had a pioneer 8 track in my Duster. Had Craig co-axial in the back and pioneer in the doors. Had an equalizer putting out 50 watts. System worked quite well

No politics just human nature. The way I see it is each generation struggles with giving their kids the tools to deal with the future. Some generations do better than others. What’s big and red and eats rocks? A big red rock eater.
What do you call a stuffed doll that eats rocks?

A cotton rock sucker.

Yes sir Saturday night tail gate party at the bridge. Wake up Sunday morning on the grass. Liked my car to much to smash it up drunk.

Ours was at a river bank on the Current River. Grilling, swimming, drinking, and——-well, you know the rest.

I also had Hi Jackers on my Duster. They were great until you blew an airline.
Never had those, was warned by a mechanic friend who put them on a 70 dart. Cracked the shock mount inside the trunk. So I put a 1 1/2 in. Shackle on it not really noticeable under car.

That's your best line of defense 69. Sorry honey I didn't hear you

yup, same here
i spend most of my working life in manufacturing, heavy presses, shears, welders, rollformers it was a constant drone

then i ran dirtbikes for decades and played drums

of course my taste in music ran towards the loud...in all honestly, im surprised im not deafer

In Manitoba it is a required certificate to be able to purchase a hunting license. Even at that it’s still not proof of common sense as there are hunting accidents every year caused by carelessness and stupidity

same here, though there is a very simple way around it, you either need to have a hunters safety certificate or you need to have had a license in the past
the term "license" gets applied across the board, so if you buy a fishing license one you, you qualify for a hunting license the next

I also had Hi Jackers on my Duster. They were great until you blew an airline.

you guys mean to tell me you're not all running hijackers today ?
i am

20200822_123034.jpg

yup, same here
i spend most of my working life in manufacturing, heavy presses, shears, welders, rollformers it was a constant drone

of course my taste in music ran towards the loud...in all honestly, im surprised im not deafer

same here, though there is a very simple way around it, you either need to have a hunters safety certificate or you need to have had a license in the past
the term "license" gets applied across the board, so if you buy a fishing license one you, you qualify for a hunting license the next

i am

View attachment 1715847224
My springs are rearched

yup, same here

i am

View attachment 1715847224
Check your shock mounts in trunk. Shocks were not designed to hold the car up. I assume that highjackers are air shocks

Check your shock mounts in trunk. Shocks were not designed to hold the car up. I assume that highjackers are air shocks
They are. I had to repair my shock mounts on my Duster.
I was coming home from the cottage with my boat trailer on the back one evening and blew one of the airlines. I had Bosch Quartz Iodide headlights which were quite bright even on low beams. The poor bugger in front of me got an eye full and could see him putting his hand up in front of the mirror. It was heavy traffic coming both ways so he couldn't pass. Felt sorry for him lol

I ran 100 back then to keep it off the tires. Over 100,000 miles with no problem. We didn’t know any better back then.

Had speakers on the package tray facing forward. Put hinges on them so you could reach into the trunk from the back seat. Thats where the cooler went. The good old days!

Sadly I agree with you . It’s our fault we didnt handle our kids as did our mothers and fathers did . “Spare the rod and spoil the child “ the old saying goes ! And my parents and grandparents were sooooo right . Yes it’s all our fault
That's kinda hard to do when everyone from friends to teachers to clergy are sticking their noses in to family business.

All it takes is for a child to be mad at a spanking now, tell a teacher and DEFACS will be up every orifice of every family member and might even result in the child being put in foster care. It's ridiculous the amount of government intervention we've allowed into the family unit.

That's kinda hard to do when everyone from friends to teachers to clergy are sticking their noses in to family business.

All it takes is for a child to be mad at a spanking now, tell a teacher and DEFACS will be up every orifice of every family member and might even result in the child being put in foster care. It's ridiculous the amount of government intervention we've allowed into the family unit.

Absolutely

All it takes is a kid to be mad, no spanking involved. Cry wolf it works we taught it to them. Not us personally but ya know what I mean.

My mother and father believed in capital punishment as of course they were hard men and women of the world war two generation and wasn’t about to take any guff from us kids.
As I’ve heard my mother say many times while talking on the phone to her friends or relatives regarding children
“ you can’t reason with a four year old“

^^^I agree. I always said when my kids are old enough to make GOOD decisions, then I will discuss and reason. Until what I say IS THE LAW!
But like I have said I am old, and I was raised by old parents that went thru the Great Depression (the real one) and fought two wars!! They viewed the world a little different than the "younger generations" maybe?

^^^I agree. I always said when my kids are old enough to make GOOD decisions, then I will discuss and reason. Until what I say IS THE LAW!
But like I have said I am old, and I was raised by old parents that went thru the Great Depression (the real one) and fought two wars!! They viewed the world a little different than the "younger generations" maybe?

I always say things in conversations regarding criticisms of the younger generation what would be called millennials that these millennial kids a.k.a. snowflakes were not born out of the womb they were raised that way first off by their parents which cannot stand to put any boundaries in front of them or have them endure any kind of hardship or challenge for that matter whereas the parents do everything for them they are not made to take on any kind of responsibilities such as chores cleaning the house learning how to do the laundry mowing the lawn raking the leaves shoveling the snow fixing their own bicycles etc. The late bommers like me and gen xrs have allowed and created these behaviors and mannerisms in the Gen y and millennials. We have let the schools run amok and spoonfeed our children all kinds of quite frankly for lack of better words horseshit. Anything you can blame somebody else on first has to be directed at us where it all starts in the Home

-
Back