• srt8 yellow jacket

Votes: 52 37.4%
  • mini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nothing at all

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
-
LXguy you are right. The new Challenger is heavy, drives heavy and is not nearly as fun to flog on as my 68 Barracuda, but the Challenger is still fun to run through the gears and is nice to drive daily or long trips. Plumbcrazy, I still like this car for a daily driver, new car experience. My best friend has a Viper that he doesn't drive much because like me he has kids. I intended to buy a new GT Mustang but my wife talked me into the Challenger. Glad she did. It might not win street races but it is close enough that you don't know the difference if you don't actually street race like me. Honestly, I am glad I "rented" my car on a lease so I don't have to worry about the long term value but this car is really nice to drive. I drive it anywhere in any conditions, even snow even though the tires suck in snow. It is nice to have a car that is fun sometimes, comfortable for long trips and puts a smile on your face when you shut the trac control off and nail it. Wheel hop kind of sucks on these as well to be honest but I am still glad I got it.

too bad we can't write off our leases here in Canada like you can in Michigan I would be driving a new hotrod every 6 months lol ,The new Barracuda promise is whats keeping me out of the Chally I checked out, but hey if it drops another 4 or 5 grand and they go 36 months no interest , well I might have to go back eh lol

If I had to pick just one, it would be the Old Muscle. While I really like the new Challengers, I do see a lot around town these days. Since purchasing my Duster last summer, I have not seen another one, or any other old Mopars for that matter, cruising around to date. Now if I had the $$$.....:walk:

I work at a dealership and have recently traded in a 69 dart, 70 road runner and a 1980 corvette on newer cars...Alot of people are liking the newer cars, 2 of them were traded in on challenger rt's...

What did you give for the dart and roadrunner for the trade value ? ?

Zigs, I'll be fertilizer by the time it became any added value.

I went back to p/u the Caravan today, looked at the Yellow Jacket again, light snow roads so no test drive and I thought to myself. it really doesn't do anything for me. Nice, but I don't think so. This may change after a dry day and a test drive,,,,,,, but for now,,,,

Wife is pushing a little harder, lol. I told her to buy it for herself and drive it. She said no she doesn't want to drive it, so I guess she's looking for a chauffeur that can drive one of these as they should be driven.

Any volunteers?
:burnout:

:wave:

I did what you are considering. Sold my Challenger, a 71 sebring, and a 72 sebring plus. Paid off all credit cards and used the balance to buy a 2009 R/T new with 14 miles on it. I had enough left over to buy my duster and the rest is history. Buy the Yellow Jacket if you can. Easy to mod, drives like a charm and power forever, even in the 5.7 Hemi. The 392 in your case would be a beast.

If you buy, enjoy!!!

Just what I want, 1 of 40,000 noiseless cars which doesn't shake the ground so the wife can drive it to PTA meetings to impress her friends as I find a second and third job after which I can wax it while she and the kids are putting stickers all over it.

I would buy the new Challenger and keep one old car, then you won't regret it at all.
Both cars have their place and can't be compared other than 1/4 mile times.
Do this and you will have the best of both worlds.

Just what I want, 1 of 40,000 noiseless cars which doesn't shake the ground so the wife can drive it to PTA meetings to impress her friends as I find a second and third job after which I can wax it while she and the kids are putting stickers all over it.

that's pretty funny!
:blob:

-
Back