Well I did it now

-
Well I did open the trunk. I had to use the Mopar tool # 3: a long skinny screwdriver. Found: bent up headers, some rusted exhaust pipe, a spare door, (from the wrong year), and some brake line. I did find out why the fenders were bent. The previous owner,could not figure out how to get the upper bolt inside the wheel well out, so he used Mopar tool # 2, a pry bar to remove the fenders.
I"m just about finished dismanteling my parts car. I was able to secure 1 good door, 2 good fenders, 1 good hood. Still some small parts yet to be had. The car was a 3spd on the column, with clutch and brake pedals still in tact, (rare?). The rest is not too rusty, but will likley end up in the crusher, (floor pan is gone, trunk floor is gone, plus some dented sheet metal. Will attach pic.
Note: Mopar tool #1 is a very large hammer. Howard

parts car (386 x 272).jpg

I'd take a look at the flor pan, particularly right around the tranny hump. Actually found mine was crunched a bit from an old accident I would suspect. Either rear ended or hit in the frony pretty hard. amazingly enough my doors seem to work fine and have good spacing, the passenger door had been replaced as well. they can pull a lot of stuff out but will usually leave floor pans alone because they are covered with carpet and you will typically never see it anyway.

I've pretty well have everything scoped out on the car intended for restoration, (not the orange parts car in last pic.). The trunk had the wrong trunk gasket, causing it not to align, or close properly. The 340 duster I'm going to restore is an automatic without the origninal V8, (but I do have one). I'm still missing headliner, and trim over doors and windows. ( I also got 3 instrument clusters with the orange parts car, (suprise surprise).
Howard

-
Back