Well It Finally Happened

-
If it’s on the China walls, it is the correct way to put the intake on.

If it’s on the China walls, it is the correct way to put the intake on.
The RTV is on the front and back of the manifold. By the way, I haven't forgotten about sending that supercharger info. I gave been out of town pretty much every week and this engine is chewing up my weekends.

Appreciate it, I will pay you for the postage.

Well it's 1:00 AM and I just came in from the garage. We are so close I can taste it. We only have a few more items such such as the bypass hose and fuel pump block off plate. I am going to be finished assembling the engine next Saturday and I will see if I can schedule dyno time the following Saturday, stay tuned. Oh yeah pictures, enjoy.
IMG_20180318_001852935.jpg
IMG_20180318_001845323.jpg

By the way, those of you that have ordered the Doug's D453 ceramic coated headers, how long did it take you to get them?
Summit keeps backing the date up 3/16 then 3/26 NOW 4/3 very frustrating.

Okay Guys,
We are coming down the home stretch. Dyno time is scheduled for a week from this Friday, stay tuned. I promise video.

Doug's got a nice pair of Shoenfeld 1 3/4 inch dyno headers at the shop. No worry there. Don't forget, NO thermostat. And take plenty of fuel. I was surprised how fast 5 gallons can go.

You'll have a blast. I gotta admit though, I get a little nervous every pull right around 6500 or so....the friggin floor shakes..:thumbsup:

Doug's got a nice pair of Shoenfeld 1 3/4 inch dyno headers at the shop. No worry there. Don't forget, NO thermostat. And take plenty of fuel. I was surprised how fast 5 gallons can go.

You'll have a blast. I gotta admit though, I get a little nervous every pull right around 6500 or so....the friggin floor shakes..:thumbsup:
I just put the thermostat in but it can be removed easily as it's a o-ring style housing. I plan on bringing 10 gallons of pump 93 (no ethenol). Hey I tried calling you but I guess I had the wrong number.

Well here it is, all packed up and ready to go to the dyno. I used extreme care to protect my new valve covers. We made plates that bolt in place of the headers to use as lifting points. I am scheduled for dyno time this Friday, wish me luck LOL. Out of town until late Thursday.By the way the cart was made from an old treamill
IMG_20180325_162445410_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180325_162529666.jpg
IMG_20180325_163443005.jpg
IMG_20180325_170804705_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180325_163720846_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180325_170814928.jpg
IMG_20180325_170820971.jpg

On the edge of my seat, got an appointment with the dyno tomorrow morning at 8:00. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I will provide pics and video.

It ran great! I got there just after initial fire up. I'll let Glenn provide the details when he can....
I'm thinking he's going to have to change his forum name from superchargeddrt to something like stumppullingdrt or something......more suiting. No more supercharger.:popcorn:

Reading back this is quite a healthy cam and should have made his goals. 416 cubes will always make 520-550 ft/lbs no matter the cam it seems. Looking forward to the update. J.Rob

LOL, I'll see if I can change my handle. Well as Mike said it ran well. After considerable plumbing issues and fuel pump flubs we managed to get it fired up.It shook the whole room. It was a little erratic at first but as the FiTech learned it settled into a nice lopey idle. And now for the results..........490 HP and 516 foot pounds of torque. The FiTech was running extremely rich and the A/F ratio was hunting around. I think that with tuning and break-in time we are looking at a solid 530 HP. Here is a few short videos and pics, enjoy. supercharged.....ER stumppullindrt.

IMG_20180330_155603803.jpg
IMG_20180330_140215894.jpg

Right on Glenn, that will be fun!

My friend who built my engine did extensive back to back testing on a 440 on his dyno using FI Tech, a Quick Fuel carb, and a six pack all on same engine. The FI Tech bested everything in both HP and torque. He made it very clear that this did require a lot of tuning of the efi system beyond using only the computer. I'm sure with time and tuning you will see your number of 530. Your Dart will have a whole new personality now!!!!!!

Congratulations again! Dyno days are fun.

Sounds good, now get it in the car!

Right on Glenn, that will be fun!

My friend who built my engine did extensive back to back testing on a 440 on his dyno using FI Tech, a Quick Fuel carb, and a six pack all on same engine. The FI Tech bested everything in both HP and torque. He made it very clear that this did require a lot of tuning of the efi system beyond using only the computer. I'm sure with time and tuning you will see your number of 530. Your Dart will have a whole new personality now!!!!!!

Congratulations again! Dyno days are fun.
Thanks cpearce,
You've been very helpful through out the build. We should be putting it in next week (hopefully my Doug's headers will be here by then). I will be developing a whole new level of respect for my Dart. I am going to have to buy a couple of drag radials to avoid a complete smoke show but I am sure this will be fun exploring the outer limits of my engine's performance. The dyno time yesterday was my first time and it was worth every penny. I have a Mr Norm's "Dyno Tuned" sticker on my rear window, now it's not a lie LOL This is not the end of the thread, I will have installation pictures and first drive video......stay tuned.

Sounds good, now get it in the car!
Absolutely, I plan on it. I spent the day removing the oil pan, windage tray, oil pump and main bearing looking for the oil leak I had on the dyno. We removed the pan flattened the holes and replaced the the gasket. That's when disaster struck. One of the (grade 8) oil pan bolts broke, how does that happen? It took us over an hour to get it out. Then I tried to touch a couple of spots in on the engine and of course the paint didn't match arrrgh. I used Ford light blue (because I couldn't get Chrysler blue NOBODY carries it locally). Did you ever think you were diving a Russian car? Advance didn't have the motor mounts, bypass hose, oil pan gasket or the paint they are pretty much useless. I managed to get the oil pan gasket from a little speed shop close to my house and the paint from Rural King. Nobody had the right color Ford Blue. What a day.

-
Back