Well It Finally Happened

-
Just wondering how do you plumb up the 2 pcv valves to carb and do you use a cap with the pcv built in on one side as I'm keen on doing this to mine as I have a solid roller 408 and I'm experiencing crank case pressure, it leaks some oil from the rear main seal but only after I've given it a decent run and have got on to it, no oil spraying on headers or Transmission pan. You can see a line of oil down the inspection plate to the base of the bell only will leak a little oil after shut off Checked back of the pan and its dry, checked the filter plate all is good. checked all over to make sure it wasn't leaking from up top all bone dry.
I used Mopar performance cast covers, these have blanks that can be drilled out for the addition of breathers and or pcv valves. The PCV valves a t'd off the carb vaccuum port. One valve cover has a PCV valve, the other has filler cap, and PCV valve. Prior to this, I had sweat out of the front crank seal. That has now been eliminated.

Mine turned out to be the rear main seal. The original seal was just what came with the gasket kit. I took the recommendation from Ironmike on this forum and ordered a seal (I have to look back and find the vendor's name). It had a dual lip and after installing it I had no leaks from the main. The dual PCV I ran is no longer necessary but I have a 1" spacer under my Fitech fuel injection and it had a port there that I connected to and the other PCV went to the throttle body. I would think that you probably could just run a tee to connect both pcv valves. Give it a try, it sure can't hurt.

Superchargeddrt im running the sniper half inch spacer due to bonnet restrictions , with the pcv im running the hose in the back port as I don't have power brakes but there is a provision at the front for the pcv its just capped off . Im wondering if I can run one at the front and the one at the rear without Teeing it off. It shouldn't cause any problems I don't think ??? With the rear main I hope I don't have to replace it. Im running the Kevko pan and the dip stick tube was around an inch too long giving me too low of oil so I added an extra litre to the 5 litres which the pan holds it wasn't until I got the car up on a 4 poster that I could check the oil height through the upper bolt that's when I realized I had too much . I let it drain than checked the oil level than marked the stick.

Superchargeddrt im running the sniper half inch spacer due to bonnet restrictions , with the pcv im running the hose in the back port as I don't have power brakes but there is a provision at the front for the pcv its just capped off . Im wondering if I can run one at the front and the one at the rear without Teeing it off. It shouldn't cause any problems I don't think ??? With the rear main I hope I don't have to replace it. Im running the Kevko pan and the dip stick tube was around an inch too long giving me too low of oil so I added an extra litre to the 5 litres which the pan holds it wasn't until I got the car up on a 4 poster that I could check the oil height through the upper bolt that's when I realized I had too much . I let it drain than checked the oil level than marked the stick.
Well if you were over full and you aren't running a windage tray then you could be whipping the oil up and causing the main to leak. If you have 2 vacuum ports then I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the front one for an additional pcv. My Dart's main quit leaking after I put the 2 lipped seal in and now I only run one pcv. Now I have s small leak at the fitting for my remote oil filter adapter LOL, it never ends . Let me know how you make out. I'm here to help.

Mine turned out to be the rear main seal. The original seal was just what came with the gasket kit. I took the recommendation from Ironmike on this forum and ordered a seal (I have to look back and find the vendor's name). It had a dual lip and after installing it I had no leaks from the main. The dual PCV I ran is no longer necessary but I have a 1" spacer under my Fitech fuel injection and it had a port there that I connected to and the other PCV went to the throttle body. I would think that you probably could just run a tee to connect both pcv valves. Give it a try, it sure can't hurt.
Superformance. Pink Viton seal. Never had one leak, weep, or seep. Ever. Long as you install it right.

Superformance. Pink Viton seal. Never had one leak, weep, or seep. Ever. Long as you install it right.
Mike are these seals still available as I can recall a while back they were not producing them anymore.

And mine is STILL not leaking (Thanks Mike). After talking to the owner of Superformance (trying to remember his name) I found him to be extremely knowledgeable. He gave me specific instructions on how to install it, I talked with him for about a half hour, very nice guy. His seals are AWESOME.

Will send them an email to confirm they still have them wouldn't by any chance have a part number ?? or do I say the rear seal the pink one for a sb 360 . Thanks Super charge & Mike for the info

Superformance is great to deal with great guy, I even tried calling on a Saturday and he picked up. He glued some intake gaskets together for me due to my set up needing a double thick one. Its Greg that owns it.

Last edited:
Will send them an email to confirm they still have them wouldn't by any chance have a part number ?? or do I say the rear seal the pink one for a sb 360 . Thanks Super charge & Mike for the info
He'll know what you're talking about if you say the "Pink Seal" however they're not pink anymore. The one I got wasn't pink but it worked just the same. It's more about the design than the material. I was given a real education on seals by him, definitely worth my time and money.

I used Mopar performance cast covers, these have blanks that can be drilled out for the addition of breathers and or pcv valves. The PCV valves a t'd off the carb vaccuum port. One valve cover has a PCV valve, the other has filler cap, and PCV valve. Prior to this, I had sweat out of the front crank seal. That has now been eliminated.
I did this setup tonight after receiving my pcv breather cap, one side into the back of the sniper the Breather PCV cap on the front on the sniper wiped underneath and took it for a decent drive and got on it a few times as that's when it would show its face after an hour drive got under bone dry no oil anywhere. I'm pretty pleased as I wasn't looking forward in pulling the motor out again let alone the headers !!!. Thank you on the tip
:thumbsup:

I did this setup tonight after receiving my pcv breather cap, one side into the back of the sniper the Breather PCV cap on the front on the sniper wiped underneath and took it for a decent drive and got on it a few times as that's when it would show its face after an hour drive got under bone dry no oil anywhere. I'm pretty pleased as I wasn't looking forward in pulling the motor out again let alone the headers !!!. Thank you on the tip
Right on, I'm glad it worked for you.

You're very Welcome,
If you need any other help just ask.

-
Back