Well It Finally Happened

-
If you're not putting a 1 inch spacer on there, I would definitely do the plenum divider mod.
Yep, I totally agree. For some reason the Fitech does not like a dual plane manifold. I dropped the heads and the intake off for Doug. The only holdup is the pistons are on backorder. We have to BS a bit on the phone and I'll catch you up.

I was looking through my receipts the other day and I cam across this. Looks a little pricey in 2006 dollars huh? I just didn't know what the going rate was.
IMG_20171119_091048343.jpg

Looks good, you have a nice winter project going on there.

Actually, that's what I thought it was. I'm not ashamed to admit that's my favorite color. I had a 72 Demon and now a 73 Demon (Dart Sport) that are Top Banana. I love it.
I actually saw a picture if Bob George's Hemi Dart in a Hotrod magazine in the late 70's and it was painted Top Banana, I was hooked. When I got my Dart in 1981 I knew there was only one color choice.

Can you tell me a little about your hood scoop?
Yes,
It actually a fiberglass hood with a Six Pack scoop made by ARP. I bought it used in 1987 at the Mopar Nationals. We made brackets that fasten to the fender bolts and used dezus fasteners and hood pins to hold it down.

What pistons will you be using?
I actually let my machine shop pick my rotating assembly for me as I have total faith in them (Domhoff's Racing Engines in Harmony, Pa) I am not sure what the piston part number is but I will let you know later as I am stopping in to the machine shop today and I will see if I can get that for you. The crank is a forged Molnar and I believe that the rods are I beams with upgraded bolts and the pistons are going to yield 11:1 compression with 63cc Edlebrock RPM heads with up sized 2.05 intakes. I ordered the heads bare and I also allowed my machinist (Doug Dumhoff) to go with the hardware that through experience he would use.

The amount of time and money this is taking is killing me but I feel that after talking the advice of many of the FABO members and not going with crate short block that I've done the right thing.

I actually let my machine shop pick my rotating assembly for me as I have total faith in them (Domhoff's Racing Engines in Harmony, Pa) I am not sure what the piston part number is but I will let you know later as I am stopping in to the machine shop today and I will see if I can get that for you. The crank is a forged Molnar and I believe that the rods are I beams with upgraded bolts and the pistons are going to yield 11:1 compression with 63cc Edlebrock RPM heads with up sized 2.05 intakes. I ordered the heads bare and I also allowed my machinist (Doug Dumhoff) to go with the hardware that through experience he would use.

The amount of time and money this is taking is killing me but I feel that after talking the advice of many of the FABO members and not going with crate short block that I've done the right thing.

Yes, you did the right thing. 5 years from now, the cost won't matter. As I've been told junk is junk at any price.

Yes, you did the right thing. 5 years from now, the cost won't matter. As I've been told junk is junk at any price.
Yes I agree with you and with your experience you should know. I may not know everything but I know enough to listen to people that are experienced and have done it before You were one of the ones that swayed my decision to have it custom built rather that buying a mass produced short block.Thanks for you help!

Well we got a few more days done yesterday. We got K member and frame painted with POR15 and reinstalled the master cylinder. We also blasted the blower motor trim ring, painted it and reinstalled it as well. Here are a few pics.
IMG_20171202_215146268.jpg
IMG_20171202_215151649.jpg
IMG_20171202_215159509.jpg
IMG_20171202_215215082.jpg

The black is a nice contrast.

I have had that stuff on me for several weeks, it goes away after about a month.

B&M Blowers are Roots style.
They have 4 point teflon striped straight rotors.
Whipple, Kenne Bell, Lysholm are Twin screw.
ProCharger, Paxton, and Vortech are Centrifugal.
my friend keep the supercharger sell the wife and kids.

I think Glen is keeping his family.

-
Back