Well It Finally Happened

-
Yeah I'm scraping the money together for them. I won't be able to dyno the engine because I'm using FiTech EFI and I would have to remove all of the wiring to do it.
Any reason you are not going with Edelbrock RPM heads? I may be wrong but I thought the Victors are more of a race piece requiring special headers and valvetrain? If you are intending hot street performance you may have better results with having a smaller port volume. Like the W2 set up the Victors require a lot of specific items. Or so I understood........

Any reason you are not going with Edelbrock RPM heads? I may be wrong but I thought the Victors are more of a race piece requiring special headers and valvetrain? If you are intending hot street performance you may have better results with having a smaller port volume. Like the W2 set up the Victors require a lot of specific items. Or so I understood........

Pretty hard to get too much port on 400 plus CID small block.

To the OP...find a way to get on the dyno. You'll be miles ahead if you do.

Pretty hard to get too much port on 400 plus CID small block.

To the OP...find a way to get on the dyno. You'll be miles ahead if you do.
The only way I can see doing that is with a carb. I would then have to switch back to the EFI. I will ask my machinist what he thinks. He does have a dyno.

I thought they used standard valve train and headers, I will double check. If I have to I will have him port a set of RPMs

Well after checking I see that the Victor heads use big block Mopar rockers. I guess that I will get the RPM heads (bare) and have my machinist go through them. I was considering the Promaxx heads but it seems that enough people are saying to stay away from them. I still haven't heard anything from the machine shop on my block, it's been a week today. I will keep everyone posted.

Well after checking I see that the Victor heads use big block Mopar rockers. I guess that I will get the RPM heads (bare) and have my machinist go through them. I was considering the Promaxx heads but it seems that enough people are saying to stay away from them. I still haven't heard anything from the machine shop on my block, it's been a week today. I will keep everyone posted.
Also look into Bloomer performance heads. I've dealt with Rod Bloomer, he is A great guy.

Thanks,
I will give him a call today. I don't have a Facebook page because I really don't have time for it and quite frankly I don't want to be part of the arguing and fighting within the family.
I think you will find him to be a very knowledgeable guy. My next big inch stroker package is coming from him. Let me know what you find out about his heads.

Screenshot_20171006-081346.png

There's allready a LONG thread on here about those heads....look that up before you buy anything

Here is a screenshot from the Facebook page.

There's allready a LONG thread on here about those heads....look that up before you buy anything
Sorry for duplicating, I'd not seen it. I'm not trying to advertise for Rod, I've just had great dealings with him in past.

I'm not knocking him, I just know there had allready been a set tested on here, results were unusual

I'm not knocking him, I just know there had allready been a set tested on here, results were unusual
Totally understand, I've not seen that yet but will be sure to look into. I certainly did not find any negativity in your comments. Rather, a caution to a brother FABO member. Now that is what it is all about friends.

I completely understand. I will give him a call and talk to him. I will weigh the options, it's not like I have to hurry, I am still waiting on the shop to clean, magnaflux and sonic check my block. I really do appreciate everyone's opinion as well as the fact that we all look out for each other. Thanks Again

Hey Glen! You REALLY better search for my thread "missed on this combo", before you buy ANY heads.
I thought we discussed this. Hate to see another guy dissappointed.

p.s. I'll bet Mr Bloomer is not selling heads yet. They halted the project after my test results. Haven't heard if they found the issue yet....

Hey Glen! You REALLY better search for my thread "missed on this combo", before you buy ANY heads.
I thought we discussed this. Hate to see another guy dissappointed.
I will look at it Mike. I really value your opinion. I am just at the info gathering phase of this project.the block is still at Domhoff's waiting to be completely checked. All he has done so far is eyeball the block. Maybe.I can PM you my number and we call talk a little more. Thanks Mike
p.s. I'll bet Mr Bloomer is not selling heads yet. They halted the project after my test results. Haven't heard if they found the issue yet....

-
Back