Well when you get hungry for it, make it.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have my first pan in the oven and in two hours it will be ready. I mixed up enough for at least two pans so I’m heating the water to cook my spaghetti. The hard part is done.

A04C53ED-1ADC-488D-8375-524C015A7731.jpeg

DC9FCFF4-FE8F-4E7E-896F-9D429604DA2B.jpeg

641F3BA4-FEFE-4FB5-9C0E-44B572A71A7C.jpeg

How postin us a recipe? That looks purdy good.

I whipped up a batch of peanut butter fudge:(1/2 order) 1 Stick of butter, 1.75 cups of sifted powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter with a 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Melt butter, peanut butter and vanilla in microwave 60 seconds until butter is melted, stir and then fold in sugar 1/2 cup at a time. pour level into a 9x9 greased pan and put in fridge for 3 hours. Remove and cut into 1" squares and store in sealed container. For a little extra, put same amount of chocolate fudge on top of cooled PB fudge and make a black and tan, candy style.

I'd think it would need more meat. Have you ever thought about tossing any italian sausage or something similar in it?

I’m a meat eater and trust me for some reason sometimes when I’m lazy and don’t want to deal with the mess I Dont even cook up the pound of bacon and add it. This is also the only thing a cook that has Longhorn cheese in it. A friends wife used to make a pan of this for the guys when I worked in the mill and shared the recipe with me. Like she said on the recipe you can add or delete items to your taste.

<~~~~~~ Gots Jambalaya in the crock pot right now. Good place for those Thanksgiving leftovers. Easy dish to be creative with.

That looks GOOD but I doubt I'd have the patience.

My usual "winter goolash" is one or two bags of various frozen veggies, an unknown quantity of ground beef (I have no teeth), and towards the end I dump in a tub of (I forget the name, big red paper tub) of noodle soup. It comes with a packet of seasoning, I usually use about 1/3--1/2 of that packet. I don't handle and don't want too much salt.

Goolash. Wife is pretty decent cook, bless her heart. But she cooked her version of Texas Goolash. I guess I must have hurt her feelings, when I told her it tasted like chit. Surely I could have been more delicate. Last time she cooked us Goolash. Thats been years ago.

I didn't think she was THAT sensitive!???//>>>. Hum........

We had a Millwright that worked with me that sold sandwiches at lunchtime. Roadkill burgers in gravey, roadkill kelby, and sometimes things that didn’t even have names.

-
Back