What a bust...

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
7 years I've been walking by this disk brake Dart Sport on the way to the yard. I made up my mind when I passed it on Saturday to score that setup (for $50!). I finally get an a body, get up early, burn a sick day and head out there to pluck the control arms, spindles, etc.

What do I find!? This!

View attachment Nov29_002[1].jpg

Some guy who's never been to the yard before was driving by and saw it from the road, stopped in and pulled it all, including the K member! On a Sunday! He got lucky and pulled in while the owner was there picking up a tool.

I'm so bummed...

time to go the route Im going I guess? I cant ever find those damned parts and on here, they are lucky to stick around for a day. demon1515 came up with a disc brake setup for around $200 that will put you at big bolt pattern with some nice rotors and calipers to boot. If you want the recipe, just PM me, I have it in my inbox and will fwd it to you :thumbrig:

Ugh, nevermind. It has been lost to the depths of cyberspace

RR - looks like there are still several good parts on that jewel. Score those parts and trade/resell for the parts that you need.
C

Better yet if it was $50 why did you pass on it before? Heck if you didnt need it you could have made an easy $200 off it.

Dang,..... good Mopar parts are like cheap real estate, you snooze for a minute and someone will snatch it up as soon as you make the decision to buy it.

I'm surprised the parts stuck around for 7 years............ I think you had enough time........

Its the same when your at a car show walking through the vendors selling parts, if you find something you like, you need to buy it while its in your hands, if you come back later it will be gone.

Let me guess that car also has an 8 3/4 that you are waiting for the right day to give 150 for it also.lol

man, that stinks! but there are Chingo's of good parts left on that puppy. Glass, bumpers, tail lights and fenders from what I can see from the pic. Git it! Git it!

Let me guess that car also has an 8 3/4 that you are waiting for the right day to give 150 for it also.lol

Nope. 8 1/4.

I just got the Valiant and it's my first a body. I don't make it a habit of cleaning out yards of stuff I don't have a need for and then jacking the price up. There's other Mopar guys out there who need parts, too, and hoarders hurt the hobby. It's just one man's opinion, but I believe in it and I'm standing by it.

I don't need any of the other stuff on that car or the Dart Sport he's got, so I'm not going to pull it. If you fellas want something I can get ahold of from one of those cars, let me know. I'll be more than happy to pull what you need and send it to you on my day off for whatever he charges me (almost nothing, I grew up with the guy) and the cost of shipping.

I'm here to help the Chrysler fellas out and maybe get a little help when I need it, not make a profit.

grab that 8 1/4 out of the car if ya can get it for a good price. they are starting to bring good money. make a small profit and buy stuff you need.

IMO much better than the 7.25 but not quite as good as the 8.75 and will bolt right in to your 7.25-equipped A. You'll have to shorten the drive shaft and get new U bolts - should be no biggie!

yet you walked by every day and for 7 years you've done nothing, hahahahaha stab yourself in the chest with a pair of scissors. You're lucky it wasn't me as I would have taken the whole car 7 years ago and you wouldn't be posting this

It looks like it is either has bucket seats, or a high back split bench. Both worth grabbing, if you asked me.

It's not a 360 car, is it?

Grab that 8.25". The 7.25" isn't worth keeping, and when you blow the spiders out of it, you will be kicking yourself when you have to spend $300 on a rear you could have gotten for much less.

IMO much better than the 7.25 but not quite as good as the 8.75 and will bolt right in to your 7.25-equipped A. You'll have to shorten the drive shaft and get new U bolts - should be no biggie!

Why don't I just take the driveshaft from the Dart Sport? Does it have 2" springs or will I need 2 1/2 springs, perches, etc?

I just got off of the phone with him. He said I can have the rear end and the related parts for free if I'll give him the stuff I take off of my car. It does have Sure Grip. He says he drove it in the yard before he parked it and burned the tires down to the steel threads on the wash pad.

For $25 I can have those seats, the buckets from another '73 Dart Sport and all the glass and trim from both. I can have any other interior parts from either for free. He seems to be more interested in scrap weight than the parts themselves.

If you fellas need free (or stupid cheap) parts, let me know. Except you, HotLines, you can kiss my ***. Hahahahahaha. Now go stab yourself in the chest with a pair of scissors.:thebirdm:

-
Back