What a bust...

-
That 8 1/4 will bolt right in. You'll need the shock plates and u-bolts the driveshaft may or may not work. Grab the seats.A- Body buckets with the proper tracks bring some stupid money

Rear springs are the same width for all a-bodies, but the 8.25 and 8.75 axles have bigger axles tubes, so you will need to grab the lower shock mounts and u-bolts (if you can get them off without cutting them). At the very least grab the shock mounts with the rearend, I've seen those go for a pretty penny before and it would suck to not be able to swap the axle because you don't have the cash to buy the parts you left hanging on the car.

Driveshaft length is an unknown for me as I don't know what car it would be going into.

Even if you aren't interested in making a couple of bucks, you need to grab those parts. Can't tell you how many people I have seen post WTB threads for parts just like that, hate to see them get crushed.

Grab that rear end, those interior pieces, grab everything you can!

And definatly grab that Satellite! Those are hard to come by, and that one looks to be in great shape (minus a front end). Don't let it get crushed if you don't have to, they don't make them anymore.

Wow. You could make a killing on all those seats. Make sure you get the seat tracks too!!!

I recently bought a set of A body buckets and tracks for $200. And that wasn't a bad price compared to what I see on eBay, usually over $200 just for a ratty pair of seats, and tracks go for almost as much by themselves.

The driveshaft out of the Dart sport (duster) probably won't fit, Dart Sports, Dusters and Demon's have a different wheelbase than the Darts, Valiants, and Scamps. But if its that cheap you might as well grab it anyway.

The 8 1/4 is a decent rear, not as strong as a 8 3/4 but plenty strong enough to handle small block power. The 7 1/4 is a time bomb, its just a matter of when, not if, it will blow up. You will need the shock mounts and U bolts, but the springs shouldn't be any different. I put a 7 1/4 in my Bronze dart to roll it around, and it had an 8 3/4 in it. I needed the axle, shock mounts and U-bolts, and it bolted right in.

Silly me, here I thought when I saw your thread title you had more shots of your g/f to post...;-)

Tomorrow I'm gonna cut out of work early and I plan on getting the following:

both sets of a body buckets
both sets of seat tracks
2 sets of kick panels
the stock am/fm radios
the 8 1/4 rear (wheel to wheel, springs, u bolts and perches)
the driveshaft (or two)
1 '73 Dart sport grille and the headlight bezels
the b body tail lights
the b body "Plymouth" trunk panel
maybe some glass if one of you gents could use it

Is there anything else you guys can think of that y'all may need? Trim, slant6 parts, whatever. Let me know before Thursday around noon and I'll grab it for you if it's there.

Grab everything you can fit in your hauler from both cars!...Then go back and get more...ALWAYS Good trade fodder!!

Ok, I'm headed out there now. I guess there are no special requests at the moment. If I remember, I'll snap a few pictures so y'all can see what's out there. Maybe you'll see something you can use and I'll go back out there for you and grab it.

That Lambo bolt pattern is 5 x 120mm, the same as a Chevy 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern. The other side of the car has the same steel wheels. I don't know what the story is behind it, but the yard is full of muscle cars and performance European stuff. The only other super car out there is an 80's Ferrari; kind of a Magnum PI looking deal.

I got all 4 buckets and all the tracks. I also got the rear end started, but ran out of daylight, so I'll go back and grab it Saturday. He says he'll finish taking it out in the morning and set it aside for me, along with the wheels that are on it now. I pulled the steering wheels from both cars but didn't end up with any radios since they had both been replaced with crappy old cassette decks. I wasn't able to get any glass today, but I can get that this weekend also.

As for the Satellite, he needs to dig up the key for the trunk so I can grab those tail lights and panel; he promised not to crush it until I can get those off of the car. I was able to get the k member and 2 steelies, since they were in the front seat

He said he just bid on a couple of cars, one being a running, driving '74 disk front Duster that, if won, will be delivered around the 15th. I gave him $50 this afternoon and he'll hold the control arms, spindles, calipers, rotors, prop. valve and master cylinders until I can get back out there to pick that stuff up, so it seems to be working out. I'm crossing my fingers in the meantime.

That Lambo bolt pattern is 5 x 120mm, the same as a Chevy 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern. The other side of the car has the same steel wheels. I don't know what the story is behind it, but the yard is full of muscle cars and performance European stuff. The only other super car out there is an 80's Ferrari; kind of a Magnum PI looking deal.

I got all 4 buckets and all the tracks. I also got the rear end started, but ran out of daylight, so I'll go back and grab it Saturday. He says he'll finish taking it out in the morning and set it aside for me, along with the wheels that are on it now. I pulled the steering wheels from both cars but didn't end up with any radios since they had both been replaced with crappy old cassette decks. I wasn't able to get any glass today, but I can get that this weekend also.

As for the Satellite, he needs to dig up the key for the trunk so I can grab those tail lights and panel; he promised not to crush it until I can get those off of the car. I was able to get the k member and 2 steelies, since they were in the front seat

He said he just bid on a couple of cars, one being a running, driving '74 disk front Duster that, if won, will be delivered around the 15th. I gave him $50 this afternoon and he'll hold the control arms, spindles, calipers, rotors, prop. valve and master cylinders until I can get back out there to pick that stuff up, so it seems to be working out. I'm crossing my fingers in the meantime.
I wish I was closer. lol, If I had that Lambo, it'd get a 440!8)

Can you believe he's gonna crush that thing, V12 and all? I'm told that the body is some sort of aluminum alloy that'll fetch big bucks.

I asked for the calipers, but they're long gone.

Can you believe he's gonna crush that thing, V12 and all? I'm told that the body is some sort of aluminum alloy that'll fetch big bucks.

I asked for the calipers, but they're long gone.
He should atleast put the V12 up on ebay. Can't put a good engine to waste.:angry7:. what kinda rims were on that white duster? they look kinda nascar/dirt trackish. never seen ones like em

He should atleast put the V12 up on ebay. Can't put a good engine to waste.:angry7:. what kinda rims were on that white duster? they look kinda nascar/dirt trackish. never seen ones like em

I can't say with any certainty that the Lambo power plant is any good, but it is in the car.

I'm not positive, but the wheels on that car look like the old Dodge and Ford truck steelies from the 70s and 80s, just painted.

Here's an example; what do you think? Reckon we got a match?

View attachment ford.jpg

-
Back