What a difference!!!

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a set of rallyes on the Demon today and it's amazing what a difference they made. I also put some 60 series tires on the back. Went from Grandma's grocery getter to sporty little hot rod!!

Before...

71Demon4-09003Medium.jpg

After...

wheels010Medium.jpg

Very nice changed =D>The looks =D>and I bet the wider wheels feel great.
Good choice !! They make your A body look complete :toothy8: Congat's

My buddy is coming over tomorrow and we are going to buff and polish the whole car. Then I would like to put some black factory stripes on the sides.

Get the *** end up a little and that changes things dramatically also. When I first got my Duster it sat all sguatty in the ***. I had a leaf added to each side and that took care of it. I'm not saying your car looks bad but, the low *** end screams grandma. With the ralleyes and,stripes you won't recognize it. Great work!

Isn't that wild how it changes the car from normal to hotrod in one swoop, I like it, looks great!!

Whole different car there Brian. I was going to reccommend the stripes but i see your already tuned up. I also like a slight rake to the front also. I've got one found and made an offer today. Trying to deal on 4 cars but may have to settle for 3. The forth one is used for storage and is worth about $100 and he's playing hard to get over that one car. The Demon is the same color as yours and has the original set of rallys on it. It's a /6 3 speed in the floor with buckets and a tuff wheel.
Small Block

I like a little rake also, but am not going to start tearing into the leafs. This is supposed to be a fun little play car, not a full on project. I might try to drop the front just a little and see what that looks like.

I like a little rake also, but am not going to start tearing into the leafs. This is supposed to be a fun little play car, not a full on project. I might try to drop the front just a little and see what that looks like.

That's what I did with my Duster but it didn't make a huge difference as I lowered it less than an inch in the front. I also cleaned and repainted the stock 14" steelies gloss black and mounted some 70-series BFG Radial T/A's and it looks cool as hell now (except for the faded, cracked gold paint:toothy8:).

Nice, that car looks great! Can't wait to see pics of it all buffed out!

My buddy is coming over tomorrow and we are going to buff and polish the whole car. Then I would like to put some black factory stripes on the sides.

Demons look very nice with the side stripes. It will realy helps to brake up all that red.

whitewalls dont do much for the hotrod look. new wheels and tires look good!!

looking good. its pretty funny i got a fairly clean 74 duster the same time, it was supposed to be a quick big block swap but i got the 6 runnign so it turned into a quick on the road, budget driver. all was well, a few friends donated some parts to me, we were on the road and happy till i got a blowout, then the project started to snowball. i already replaced a few pushrods, then put the super six 2 brl setup on and a 2.5" exhaust. when i got the blowout i got fed up, went to a set of 17"s, 245 tires, 920 t bars, 6 leaf espo springs, prothane hd shackles, afco nylon front eye bushings, kyb shocks, cordoba 11 3/4" rotors.... it drives and handles like and handles great now. its only going to get better with future upgrades. the way i see it, if stuff needs to be replaced, might as well upgrade.

-
Back