Separate names with a comma.
Those are the proforged poly greasable shafts. From rockauto
Filled up the tank at just the right time, to get just the right range and got a car wash. The price of gas is down to $3.23.9 per gallon.
I filled up here in MO for a $1.55 per gallon
Custom shroud finished. No room for a clutch fan. For now, it is a solid mopar seven blade , 18 inch fan.
Put a light tint on the 1/4 glass and got them installed.Now back to prepping trunk gutters and windshield frame.
Try not to roll it down it tends to leave a track in the tint.
man , that looks familiar !
Masked and ready to finish prepping and prime trunk and windshield channels.
Got the chrome trim polished for the beak.Im all over the place with this project right now!!
I’m doing a poor job with body work. Better than it was, but not the results I want. Oh well first time for everything.
Dont worry that will buff out.
Question. @famous bob I love the look of your shroud. Why a flex fan and a fan clutch?. How did you get that to fit? Am I imagining something or is the fan backwards? Finally, do you have a part number for the upper hose. I don't like the accordion type I have .
69 383 road runner upper ,"if I remeber right.'' not a flex fan, 6 blade mopar alum/17'' ,I polished it , summit racing has them.. Shortest jaguar clutch fan , 2747-59-69 , or something like that , So short the bolts/studs are a bitch to get started, I cant even run washers on them . you can research it and find it . definitly not backwards , it keeps the 505 pretty cool in 90+ okla. heat , but a solid 17'' fan cooled a little better. I can still go to an 18'' fan if need be. I did chuck the clutch up in the lathe and trimmed about .060 off the fins, surprising how uneven they were . my 505 hasnt performed like i think it should , I`m eliminating power killers on it . Just went to 9 qt oil pan , gonna run 7 qts in it and get the oil farther from the crank. had no front end lift before, now have it loosened up some , and better tires on it . Should have tubbed it back when i first built it but didnt. 295 60 d15 treaded slicks
finished the exhaust (and of course send 20 minutes chatting with the gentleman who walked his dog and couldn't help commenting on the duster)
Finally got around to installing the trunk popper I got from a 88' 5th Ave. Then spent the next 15 min closing and popping my trunk for the fun of it haha it's the simple things in life...
I like that idea I need to do that. Didn’t know that was a thing. I dig it.
working on repairing the 4 splash shield for the Barracuda. 2 done 2 to go then I'll coat them with some rust-oleum. All 4 need some patch work some need a few patches.
I had a weak right rear turn signal. Installed an auxiliary ground and some dielectric grease and the problem went away. Got to have bright signal lights for daily driver season.
What an opportune time for minitubbing!
edit: I spent about three hours on this head. I can't find the small Felpro 318 intake manifold gaskets (maybe they are buried in the the shed) I'll look some more tomorrow. If I can't find 'em I'll just order up another set from Summit. I'll also do the other head tomorrow as well. end of edit: Just starting the @318willrun 302 head job... Trying to figure out posting pictures from my phone. More pictures as I progress. Picture after some shaping, hopefully this will reduce low pressure area caused by the valve guide.
You hard working guys have got me ashamed of my sorry ass. All I did was move three cars so the WIFE could mow!!! OK, so it was 4.
Finally out of the trailer. Furloughed next week so some cruising is in order. Just need a wipe down for the cover fuzz.
Other head. Before...
Full tank of fuel as well. Dropped the battery back in and she fired pretty quick, guessing the fuel pump is still good. 5 months in the trailer is ridiculous! Looks like the bucket of charcoal kept the moisture to a minimum again thankfully! A little grunge on the Master Cylinder but everything else looks great! Look forward to a cruise even if the pollen is still up.
No, not an A-Body but......Hacked out an inoperable electronic speedo from the gauge cluster in a 90 W150 and replaced it with a cable operated one from an earlier model...and as Peter Brady said about his volcano project: “It Works”!! Improvisation knows no bounds