What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got my rebuilt trans back from the shop I trusted to rebuild it. Looks great. Now it just needs to get back into the car. Should it be left natural finish or should I paint it. Hopefully I'll get started on reassembly after work today. View attachment 1715668522 View attachment 1715668523
It was not fun but I got the trans back in the car tonight. Now i just have all the little stuff left like clutch linkage and adjusting the clutch, starter, exhaust, driveshaft, shifter and cross member. To bad no one is going to see all the work I am doing. I looks great.

It was not fun but I got the trans back in the car tonight. Now i just have all the little stuff left like clutch linkage and adjusting the clutch, starter, exhaust, driveshaft, shifter and cross member. To bad no one is going to see all the work I am doing. I looks great.

Good job!

Well if the car is anything like mine it will just leak all over again and make a mess...lol.

Is the manual transmission as heavy as the automatic?

Good job!

Well if the car is anything like mine it will just leak all over again and make a mess...lol.

Is the manual transmission as heavy as the automatic?
The trans was heavy. Way to heavy for a 56 year old on his back using a motorcycle lift for sure. Well there was a huge mess of long term leaking under the bell housing so while it was apart I did a rear main seal, new HV oil pump and pan gasket. Cleaned up most of the sludge and painted the pan and bell housing. It should look great underneath and it better not leak.

My son Chris and I pulled the 340 from the GTS because of high leakdown on a couple of cylinders.

I built this motor back in 1983 and after being gone from my ownership from 1997 till May of 2020 the long motor has never been apart.

Cliff Ramsdell

20210108_123829.jpg
20210108_123733.jpg
Just finished building my center console from scratch. Made a mold and fiber glassed it then cut and bent some stainless and polished it up.
And the floor mats I will put black ones in I'm using the old ones to keep my carpet clean. lol

My son Chris and I pulled the 340 from the GTS because of high leakdown on a couple of cylinders.

I built this motor back in 1983 and after being gone from my ownership from 1997 till May of 2020 the long motor has never been apart.

Cliff Ramsdell

You guys are fast next time I need to pull an engine I'm calling you.lol

Fred....that looks some kind of awesome. I hope you kept the plans. :D
I did on the fiber glass mold the rest is pretty simple. I think it costs about 300 bucks to build not including labor for the whole thing.
Hard to figure really I had most everything on hand but was a lot of work but I'm happy with it.

I did on the fiber glass mold the rest is pretty simple. I think it costs about 300 bucks to build not including labor for the whole thing.
Hard to figure really I had most everything on hand but was a lot of work but I'm happy with it.
There’s no doubt it’s got lots of labor love in it. It shows. Your interior looks great.

20201213_130903.jpg
20201219_163726.jpg
20201220_173723.jpg
The basic design.
If I make it again it will be better I screwed up and had to redo a few things but what the heck.

What are those seats from Fred. Very nice.
After market from TMI. I think they were about 1100 shipped and I like them pretty comfy.
Spent to much money on my car but it keeps me busy I guess.
From the avatar of your car it looks great could ya post some pictures of it.

It’s so much fun and I love working on it.
I’ll be doing a cold case radiator upgrade this month and will start a thread on the install and any changes to accommodate it.

802C7387-C58C-486B-BED8-6F614E774EC1.jpeg
57D8F729-D0F3-4CFC-9FE7-9B3EEA349267.jpeg
D1912E74-BF74-4217-829F-56078AABF4EA.jpeg
B55CC6C2-4028-4332-B740-20F12915FCCD.jpeg
EEF0D73E-074F-4799-8F3F-59C5A8C63CEB.jpeg
A4100A05-DD59-4ACB-8521-1A1B1B0F8B0A.jpeg

It’s so much fun and I love working on it.
I’ll be doing a cold case radiator upgrade this month and will start a thread on the install and any changes to accommodate it.

View attachment 1715669751 View attachment 1715669752 View attachment 1715669753 View attachment 1715669754 View attachment 1715669755 View attachment 1715669756
Nice car my friend would love to go for a ride.
360? old school shiftier as well and nice paint. Thanks love to check out everyone's car.

Rocking a 5.9 magnum with a 46rh, 3:55 true trac. Hughes cam with high stall converter. Damn fun to drive.
Yours?

Rocking a 5.9 magnum with a 46rh, 3:55 true trac. Hughes cam with high stall converter. Damn fun to drive.
Yours?
I bet it is, would be fun.
I got a 408 running about 470 HP and is fun but I'm no guru when it comes to building an engine so got one from Blueprint engines I do body work I'm not a mechanic but I try.
20200917_164440.jpg

Yours?
Wish you were closer would love to meet up and have a beer with ya.
Seems like we are all spread apart far enough not to enjoy each others cars.

I bet it is, would be fun.
I got a 408 running about 470 HP and is fun but I'm no guru when it comes to building an engine so got one from Blueprint engines I do body work I'm not a mechanic but I try.View attachment 1715669795
Really pretty. I’m no engine builder either but can tackle some things without hesitation once I set my mind to it. I like to say....we’re not afraid...lol. I have the space and tools...and if I don’t have the right tools I know where to get them. Dang I’d so love to have a beer...and a cruise with you...and lots of other guys here from all over the country and in some cases other countries. I think we’ve got a bond here that can’t be said about a lot of forums. I’m loving your car.

Really pretty. I’m no engine builder either but can tackle some things without hesitation once I set my mind to it. I like to say....we’re not afraid...lol. I have the space and tools...and if I don’t have the right tools I know where to get them. Dang I’d so love to have a beer...and a cruise with you...and lots of other guys here from all over the country and in some cases other countries. I think we’ve got a bond here that can’t be said about a lot of forums. I’m loving your car.
We all got our place in doing things and I made my fare share of goof ups that cost me lots and if I had some of you guys around to help you would have saved me lots.
You bet my friend a beer and a cruise would be nice.

Been working on my grille for the 72 Demon. All the tabs were off the back so I fabbed up some alum ones with adjustable ends, and attached them to the back of the grille with screws. PO had painted grill black so touching up a few spots and will then reinstall. Then decide if I like the 72 grille on it or use my spare 71 grille. But that one needs work too....we'll have to see.
20210112_222531.jpg

Been working on my grille for the 72 Demon. All the tabs were off the back so I fabbed up some alum ones with adjustable ends, and attached them to the back of the grille with screws. PO had painted grill black so touching up a few spots and will then reinstall. Then decide if I like the 72 grille on it or use my spare 71 grille. But that one needs work too....we'll have to see. View attachment 1715669865
Good idea I bet it will work great.

Been watching a couple drips under the car and decided to pull the motor and trans for a total reseal and repaint. Going to install a disc brake set up and steering components while the engine is out. Also have a few wiring issues to correct. It's winter and time to get her ready for cruising. Nice not to be under a deadline and have to hurry.

This is the before picture and I'm not crazy about the blue engine color. I guess to be correct a 68 should be red ? Might end up orange ? The ugly Mopar Performance valve covers have to go as well. I've always hated the made in Taiwan junk Mopar Performance makes. Anyone want to trade stock 68 valve covers for them???

IMG_0488.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back