What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Sucessfully drove my son to the city for football in my Duster and made it back! This is a huge thing for me. It's the first incident free trip yet!

Cley

I did some work on my dual snorkel scoop yesterday, it had a few cracks. I just primed it, a little more work to do, then paint and install

Took the 68 Valiant out for the first test ride after 2 years on the rack !! Ran great !

Replaced the Alt-Fan belt and the Power Steering belt. Discovered a couple of little wiring fixes that will be needed--repair choke hot wire and the temp sending unit wire.

Fabbed up some dollies for the front of my car today. Planning to pull the drivetrain this Winter and put it on a rotisserie so these will come in handy.
Also received the exhaust pieces I ordered from Accurate Exhaust, They look really great!

IMG_20160923_170205168.jpg
IMG_20160923_171742128.jpg
IMG_20160923_173907257.jpg

IMG_20160923_181316506.jpg

Replaced power steering line.
Replaced oil pressure gauge line (braided).

But the best thing I did was loosen the bolts a little on my leaf spring shackles.
My bouncy ride now rides smooth and wonderful!
I (stupidly) had them very tight not realizing the shackles needed to articulate. ....a couple cranks of the wrench and it's a night and day difference!

Jeff

Removing timing cover. Install timing chain tensioner. Degree camshaft. Grind casting lip on timing cover. Clean oil pan. Check pickup clearance with metal gasket. Soak oil pan bolts. Cut rear pan seal for not doing its job all summer than throw in the garbage. Mark distributor/drive gear and rotor. Install balancer before tightening timing cover. Check oil pan for straightness.Loctite flywheel bolts 55 foot pounds. Try and run with headers. Fab up brake line holder. Move line lock. Use water to test engine. Pull engine coolant plugs before installing engine. Double check the timing issue. Hook up alternator. Check msd box to see if wires are backwards. Green msd - to black -. Violet + to orange positive

Removing timing cover. Install timing chain tensioner. Degree camshaft. Grind casting lip on timing cover. Clean oil pan. Check pickup clearance with metal gasket. Soak oil pan bolts. Cut rear pan seal for not doing its job all summer than throw in the garbage. Mark distributor/drive gear and rotor. Install balancer before tightening timing cover. Check oil pan for straightness.Loctite flywheel bolts 55 foot pounds. Try and run with headers. Fab up brake line holder. Move line lock. Use water to test engine. Pull engine coolant plugs before installing engine. Double check the timing issue. Hook up alternator. Check msd box to see if wires are backwards. Green msd - to black -. Violet + to orange positive
That's a tall order for one day!

Stealing more trophys at the Chevy show. Third straight! They are starting to not like seeing us showing up!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Backed the Duster out of the shop under her own power for the first time ever!!!! Set the ride height, torqued the pivot bolts and drove it around the yard some and out the drive. Needs an alignment bad and need to figure out why the left front wheel rubs the upper balljoint 2hen going forward.

Rubbing came from the LCA pivots not being torqued. Set the right height and torqued the pivots and it stopped

got it done - you?
Sure did!
I put about 50 miles on her today. ...all over in the hills in my area...!
She drives soooooo damn good now! Little power steering leak showed itself but that's good...I have something to do tomorrow!

Jeff

Got my 2007 mustang GT prepped, started and out of its long term slumber for the local cruise night thats going to happen this saturday night. Car has been in long term storage up on jackstands, and under a cover, with the battery removed since 2013. Took a day off work, and took a nice trip in it today About 150 -160 miles or so. Ran great. Average speed 75 - 85 mph. Got about 21 ave mpg. It has about 8,400 miles on it now. Extremely low for a 2007 i know.

I need to drive this car more often. Its no wonder guys have harleys, sport bikes, muscle cars etc. Its like a mental sanity machine. I took about 4-5 hours and just enjoyed some alone time listening to that back beat V8 boogie coming from the pipes and heading down the highway.

20160929_123238.jpg

20160929_123256.jpg

-
Back