What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Went to a local car show today at G&R Auto Gallery. I think there were maybe 2 other Mopars. The usual trash can 4 bangers, lots of new Mustangs, some old Corvettes, etc, etc. BUT...the A-body Mopars were represented!! I took both of mine for the first time. 2nd time out for the 71 and first time they were out together!!
The show put something up on YouTube. I think you'll find them! This will be my introduction/first posting of my 71 Demon 340. I'll start a resto thread on it so it can be better seen.

It's back in :) 408 Six Pack.

20220618_215716.jpg

Last edited:
Remote trans cooler is mounted. Need an Advil after contorting my back to get that sucker up there.

20220618-154809.jpg

We had a car show for one of my racing buddies that passed away about 6 years ago. Here are some of the Mopars that were there

IMG_20220619_105316984_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_105132540_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_105127297_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_103807732_HDR.jpg

Don't know much about the Hemi cuda. It was a four speed convertible. It would be pretty rare indeed if it was real, so I am guessing it is a clone.

Very nice! Love your Charger! I've got two friends with 66 Chargers. Also don't see many Hemicudas.
Is it a real one? You can sort of see the Chargers front ends past my Dart in the picture. View attachment 1715944125

Don't know much about the Hemi cuda. It was a four speed convertible. It would be pretty rare indeed if it was real, so I am guessing it is a clone.
Yeah, I agree. I didn't look close enough to realize it was a convertible. Gotta be a clone. Still really cool though.

Well, not so much what I'm doing with the car today, but rather working on wrapping up my Magnum build for my 67 Dart. I basically duplicated @67autocross Mild Build and am excited to finish it up and get it installed.

20220618_144705-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Put in the washer foot pump and new hose/washer squirters. Getting closer to being "done"...except for the things I muffed and have to do some rework on! Still have to order the battery topper caps/labels too.

Oh, and I have a leaking brake line from MC to prop block. Not at either end connection. Nope, not that easy. Line literally bleeds through some minute crack somewhere. New line enroute. So I get to replace it and play that oh-so-fun brake bleeding game again!!
20220620_212813.jpg

Put in the washer foot pump and new hose/washer squirters. Getting closer to being "done"...except for the things I muffed and have to do some rework on! Still have to order the battery topper caps/labels too.

Oh, and I have a leaking brake line from MC to prop block. Not at either end connection. Nope, not that easy. Line literally bleeds through some minute crack somewhere. New line enroute. So I get to replace it and play that oh-so-fun brake bleeding game again!!
View attachment 1715944718
Yeah you need this style battery cover. :poke:

VideoCapture_20210807-172959.jpg

Nothing to Earth Shattering, but stripping a complete 400 Mopar engine down to the bare block. A friend gave me the engine free complete with an Edelbrock DP4B intake and a set of Holley valve covers, so I couldn't pass on the deal.

Tom

Nothing to Earth Shattering, but stripping a complete 400 Mopar engine down to the bare block. A friend gave me the engine free complete with an Edelbrock DP4B intake and a set of Holley valve covers, so I couldn't pass on the deal.

Tom
Did my carb get any cheaper? :rofl:

Working on this Edelbrock DP4B intake I got with the engine. For whatever crazy reason the previous owner decided to drill and tap the Holley bolt pattern to 3/8"-16 threads. I really got a laugh looking at the 3/8" studs in the intake when I go it, so that means they would have had to drill out the holes in the carburetor so it would go on as well. As anyone thats been in hot rodding for awhile knows older manifolds were cast with poor quality grade aluminum. I am not a fan of Helicoils because they are never just the right length and prefer in my opinion a nicer quality repair. I cut 1" long pieces of 6061 aluminum thread rod and epoxy them into the holes. 24-hrs later I mill the studs down flush with the pad and redrill and tap the 5/16"-18 threads. In the end you end up with a thread that's 3 times stronger than the old intake material, as well as, longer threads than most Helicoil inserts provide. A little extra work, but I like the results of my efforts.

20220621-160826.jpg

Tom

Got the head gaskets replaced , heads back on , torqued properly and put the top end back together. Fired it up last night. So far so good , no leaks . I 'll be ready for a test drive tonight !!

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2422 (2).JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

Pick this up yesterday, your everyday 383, cast# 2468130 with its radiator and a spare intake. 50 for the engine and 25 for the radiator and manifold, now to buy a car. lol

IMG_4815.JPG

I gave my old 1922 Dodge Bros. touring car a half-vast cosmetic restoration in the 1980s. It's a good runner and I like to drive it around some, so I kept putting off doing a full resto, but last year I decided it was looking a bit long in the tooth, so I am doing a frame-off restoration. I have it completely disassembled, and today I got started cleaning the grease off of and sandblasting the frame. My sandblasting rig consists of 2 Campbell-Hausfeld 5-hp. cast iron compressors plumbed in parallel, with one-way valves in the output of each compressor, feeding a 75-gallon tank. This allows me to blast for a good 5 minutes before waiting for the compressor to re-charge the tank, at which point I'm ready to take a break anyway, so it's not too bad. When I get the frame all sandblasted, I'm going to paint it with single-stage industrial semi-gloss black catalyzed urethane over epoxy primer.

DB new wheels.jpg

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

Messing with my dash/main wiring harness and cleaning, repairing, swapping parts from a few dash panels I have to make a complete decent one.

20220625_080925.jpg

20220625_083155.jpg

-
Back