What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Tomorrow morning I hit the road for a few days... Should be a interesting trip...

View attachment 1716188854
Heading home tomorrow but it's been a pretty amazing few days... This is probably the highlight, though honestly the whole trip has been awesome...

thumbnail_output_image1704828445865.jpg

Fill us in!!
Got a call a few weeks ago, a friend of a friend had been tasked with finding a Neon Green Challenger Convertible..

Drove the car 300 miles down to Burbank Sunday, went to the Burbank airport & picked up a rental car & dropped the Challenger off at a studio Sunday evening....

Monday started the day at The Peterson Museum, toured the whole place including "The Vault"..
Then headed out to Simi Valley to tour The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library...
And to finish the day met for dinner with member @autoxcuda & also met with the friend of a friend.....

Tuesday Started with a good breakfast with another friend who was on his phone pulling strings... When we left breakfast we started our adventure at the Burbank Airport... He wasn't sure he could pull it off but we had to try... And, sure enough, we got a tour of Jay's garage which was insane... Unfortunately it was requested we not take photos beyond the one I posted... But if you haven't already seen pictures you haven't been on the internet....

And to finish the experience we were able to get into another private collection of over 150 vehicles.. Very diverse, American, European & Asian... All great & unusual cars... And the Host/owner was great to spend time with...

Some days the stars align & you gotta enjoy the ride....

thumbnail_IMG_8668.jpg

Last edited:
That is AWESOME!

It's great when the universe plays nice!!

I know I'm very grateful for all the times I got to see and do things a lot of others never have the chance. I feel like I'm blessed (even though I haven't met Jay yet, lol).

Got a call a few weeks ago, a friend of a friend had been tasked with finding a Neon Green Challenger Convertible..

Drove the car 300 miles down to Burbank Sunday, went to the Burbank airport & picked up a rental car & dropped the Challenger off at a studio Sunday evening....

Monday started the day at The Peterson Museum, toured the whole place including "The Vault"..
Then headed out to Simi Valley to tour The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library...
And to finish the day met for dinner with member @autoxcuda & also met with the friend of a friend.....

Tuesday Started with a good breakfast with another friend who was on his phone pulling strings... When we left breakfast we started our adventure at the Burbank Airport... He wasn't sure he could pull it off but we had to try... And, sure enough, we got a tour of Jay's garage which was insane... Unfortunately it was requested we not take photos beyond the one I posted... But if you haven't already seen pictures you haven't been on the internet....

And to finish the experience we were able to get into another private collection of over 150 vehicles.. Very diverse, American, European & Asian... All great & unusual cars... And the Host/owner was great to spend time with...

Some days the stars align & you gotta enjoy the ride....

View attachment 1716190521

Took some #10-32 set screws and made some Transfer Slot Restrictors for my dual 650 Holleys I'm running on a tunnel ram. Also, drilled out and tapped the main bodies for the restrictors.

Working on a different Victor intake to go on my 499" RB. Fully ported plenum like the one that's on the engine now, but I added a homemade aluminum pyramid (turtle) I peened all over with a center punch. Have a 1/2" Jomar open hole phenolic spacer on the intake side that had to be opened up to fit in the MagnaFuel sheer plate. Once the shear plate fit the phenolic spacer correctly I bolted the phenolic to the intake and removed the necessary aluminum that was in the way. It should yield some fair gains, but since this is on a street car engine it will probably just help burn the tires more. LOL

Tom

20240111_194353.jpg

20240111_194340.jpg

AAA20240111-214546.jpg

Last edited:
Replacing the lousy stock transmission pan with one that has a drain plug. Never again will I have to deal with the mess of changing the fluid on a pan without a drain! I’ve heard of cost cutting and Chrysler not installing drain plugs on the pans must have saved them a lot of $$ over the years at the expense of all suckers who have to change the fluid.

Aside from the very fine metallic particles at the bottom of the pan, should I be concerned with these larger bits??
IMG_5190.jpeg

IMG_5195.jpeg

Last edited:
I decided that I wanted to bump up the compression on my 499" RB and switch it over to carbureted E85.

So today I bought a Horse Power Innovations 950 that flows a true 950 CFM Home | Horsepower Innovations

Eric, the owner is a great guy to work with.

Next purchase an Aeromotive SS pump and a bunch of new plumbing.

Tom

IMG_4729.jpg

My chassis shop is still working to fit me in to install the chromoly cage. While I'm waiting, I mocked my Kirkey into my seating position using some 1x2" tube stock. This will allow my fabricator to build the cage around me rather than guess my dimensions. Once the cage is installed, I'll build and weld permanent brackets directly into the subframe and cage.

These Kirkeys are surprisingly comfortable with the fitted pad. My head was almost touching the headliner with the Procar seats. It's nice to sit lower and further back.

20240118_181228.jpg

20240119_132511.jpg

20240121_121244.jpg

Last edited:
Took off the exhaust and put the track shoes (28/10.5W-15's) back on the avatar. Going to the track to mix it up with the Florida guys/gals for the 1st time. See what they can school this "ex-Detroiter" on!!

If any FABO members see the car at the track, come say hi. Love to meet you!!
20240125_173432.jpg

Last edited:
Took off the exhaust and put the track shoes on the avatar. Going to the track to mix it up with the Florida guys/gals for the 1st time. See what they can school this "ex-Detroiter" on!!

If any FABO members see the car at the track, come say hi. Love to meet you!!
View attachment 1716197679
Do you think those would fit my Dart?

I got sidetracked by this little guy yesterday. He seemed really interested in PawPaw's shop. Gammy started to walk away with him, and he whined and pointed back to the shop.:lol:
20240125_162957.jpg

-
Back