what are your winter projects ?

-
So you all help me decide!!!! I have a 66 valiant and a 68 valiant waiting in the wings!!!! HUH choices,choices choices--I'm thinking 66=10 sec. drag car---68=built to do the twisties with scca road racing for my son??? Steve

Not far from you, hopefully............!!NOT!! LOL
Ernie is doing her snow dance so you never know.....

What is Winter? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that's OK, we cant work in summer
You "Valley of the Sun" folks......enjoy that lovely brownish/yellowish tint to the sky......nothing like all the snow birds showing up to help out with the air quality.......don't miss that one frigging bit....

Disc brake conversion/front end rebuild, steering column refurb/convert to floor shift. Possibly clean up some engine bay wiring. Install new carpet and package tray. New trunk mat. Mostly just replacing worn out stuff, no major dis-assembly. I have most everything on hand already. Also want to get an air fuel gauge and do some tuning. I'll drive it until the road salt comes.

Well, the GTX is getting it's lower rear qtrs worked on, and I'll be pulling the trans to change the converter, and finally get that leak fixed. I've pinpointed it to the shift lever pivot seal!!

The 66 will also be getting it's trans pulled to finally fix that freeze plug thats been leaking for the past, oh I don't know how many years!!

I'll also be pulling the dash and windshield on Nella's car to redo both. I'm going down to my buddies soon to pull a spare dash out, yep, after about 3 years in the planning stage!!

As for the van?? I'd like to find a pair of 91-98 Dakota spindles and drop the front end down, then get the back lowered to match. Send out the motor and have it rebuilt as well as the trans and finish the rear end.

For the Signet...I'd like to get to cutting and replacing the floorpan and trunkpan I have ready for it, and send the body off to paint, but thats a big plan there!!

So, all in all, just sittin' on the couch as usual!!!LOL!! Geof

Going to be sending my cluster to RedFish... also just purchased a 1953 Dodge Pickup so that will be getting a frame off this winter..

Install everything from headliner to engine and everything in between .... hoping to be able to drive the 67 dart to Moparfest in August.... likely without paint

My '67 Dart will be getting a D66 dual quad setup and swapping the automatic for a 4 speed. I will also be doing a lot of work in the trunk area. Going to install a whole new trunk pan. I have also considered buying a new set of rally wheels to replace the aftermarket wheels I have now. Also going to try and get the interior redone.

Not that it needs it, but..(keeping it slippery) Change out all my U-joints and that will do it because all my wheel and axle bearings got dun a year ago..change out my small front drums to 9'' and install my dual pot M.C. and new rubber lines..
Put my frame connectors in then por15 my floor and install quite mat and put my new gold Carpet in. All these parts are here on the hill ( but not por15) waiting on me.. It's going to be a good winter now that I have a nest
to keep Victoria and I warm and dry :glasses7:

Oop's!!! almost forgot :glasses7: buy a front sway bar and install it Adam.

Get the Magnum heads ported,finish the paint prep on the Scamp.

new Auto Meter guages ...engine bay clean up...and finish the wifes car and get them both done for our World Of Wheels car show this winter....our work is never done with our LOVED MOPARS

Start the pellet stove to get the shop warm, drink beer and try to get the dart rewired and the motor and tranny in it.

Flip a coin to decide which 340 I am going to put in the barracuda. renew the engine light harness, and strip/paint the engine compartment. Then get the 273 off to the machine shop.

Pull the trans out of the 66 Dart and install trans-brake.
Get some 15 inch steelies for the 68 Barracuda.
Install new bushings in the clutch,brake peddles of the 73 Dart Sport.Also hook up my wiper arms under dash(yikes),new pivot bushings too.:rambo:

HMMM Lets see

41 Chrysler, picked up the 360 that i took the heads off of for the Ram Charger, find new heads, rebuild it, and put it in the Chrysler.

replace the column, radiator, steering box, and balance the driveshaft

Take the 350 from the Chrysler, and put it in my sons car.

take the 350 thats in my sons 85 Cutlass, rebuild it, and put it in the Monte Carlo to sell.

Pick up a 383 short block, put it together and put it in the 68 Coronet, sell the 318 thats in it.

Super Bee, take the 440 out, fix leaks, clean and paint, redo the front and rear bearings, seal the diff again along with the trans when its out.

Get the dang Ram Charger running,

hmmm dont have anything planned for the 70 Duster, may sell it

Hmmm, winter project........ Snowmobiling, that is what I'm doing.

Car does need a clutch but I'll wait till spring to put it in.

Pull the stock 318 out of my sons 70 Swinger. Paint the engine bay and install a 340 and 4speed conversion. Already got the 8 3/4 rear done. And I painted the hood scoops white to match.

Attachments

• 100_0480 (600 x 400).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_0478 (600 x 400).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 93
I have started to do rust repair and paint. Thankfully I live in a warmer climate and can still paint up into the winter months.

Ok, seriously:

71 Challenger convert is in the body shop getting any bad spots replaced with new AMD metal. And redo complete interior (already on order).

Get new front and rear suspension on kid's 71 Valiant 4 door. Finish building a 91 360 for it, get the engine compartment painted.

If time permits build a few of the 360's I have around here.

well my car is still in parts. i hope to have it in less. also a new rear end

Where do I start. New Champion rad to keep things cool, front disc brakes to get things stopped. Pull out my motor to replace the 13:1 pistons ( a bit much for a street car). Possibly paint the engine bay while my motor is out and also pull the tranny to put new seals to stop the puddles on the gararge floor. That will probably be all I will get off my list for this year. Thankfully we have winters so I can get things done!! LOL

-
Back