What Car Body Will John Force Have On His Funny Car In 2015???

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Surprising announcement from Ford today will impact both Force and Tasca Funny Car Teams and Larry Morgan's Pro Stock team:

(from http://www.dragzine.com)
The drag racing community has been abuzz in recent weeks with discussions and rumors regarding the Ford Motor Company’s continued involvement with the NHRA and the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, where the blue oval brand serves as the official vehicle of the world’s premier drag racing organization, as well as a major supporter of the John Force Racing and Tasca Racing nitro teams and Larry Morgan’s Pro Stock effort. Today, Ford’s Communications department issued an official statement concerning their plans for 2014 and beyond, which will see the Detroit automaker significantly scale back their support for professional drag racing.

Official Statement from Ford Motor Company:
“Ford is not getting out of drag racing. We are fully committed to continue our support of grassroots sportsman drag racing with our Mustang Cobra Jet, parts support and contingency programs. Enthusiasts and production-based racing is at the heart of what we do.”
“We have, however, made a business decision to conclude our team sponsorships and support in the NHRA Mello Yello Series at the end of the 2014 season. This decision was based on an ongoing assessment of our motorsport programs’ effectiveness and the strategic alignment with our company objectives globally.”

While more details regarding the announcement will likely be learned in the coming weeks and months, all indications are that this move will indeed effect the Bob Tasca and Larry Morgan racing operations, along with John Force Racing’s four professional nitro teams. With Ford’s departure from Force’s organization, it will end one of the longest current marketing partnerships in the sport, dating back to Force’s switch to a Ford Mustang body in early 1997.
Also part of the scaled back effort, although unconfirmed, could be Ford’s status as the official vehicle of the NHRA, a title the company has held through an agreement signed in 2009.
The popular Mustang Cobra Jet program, which launched in 2008 with the debut of the much-anticipated FR500CJ, will continue into the future as part of Ford’s grass roots efforts in the sportsman drag racing ranks. The Cobra Jets, which are factory-built race cars designed for Super Stock and Stock competition and assembled at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan, have been offered every year since that debut season with the exception of 2009 and 2011, with a 2014 model currently in development.

This is not good for MotorSports of any kind.
I think the more an automobile becomes an appliance, there will be no reason to prove who builds the fastest or best automobile.
Times are a changing.
I blame NHRA & NASCAR for getting away from factory based RaceCars.
It drove the cost up & no one can relate to a NHRA ProStock or a Sprint Cup car.
Little to none OEM parts on these cars.
A Toyota funny car, yea right. How about a push rod V8 Ford or Toyota, can't buy them from the manufacture. Of course, the push rod V8's from GM & Dodge are special built race engines, not available from the MFG. in a street car.
If racing of anykind is to be saved, it will need to relate to what the manufacture sells off the showroom floor.
This is just a sign of the times folks.

Oh yea, Force will probably go with Toyota.
After all, when you hear the word HotRod, you have got to think Toyota!
Toyota seems hell bent on becoming American as Apple pie & Baseball.

Does it really matter? A funny car body looks NOTHING like a production car so he might as well run a VW. JMO

I can see NASCAR maybe picking up a little bit of the money just because their marketing department is a little better than NHRA's is.Might see more money go to the Drifting type and x-games type stuff that the younger generation seems to prefer.In all fairness some of my comments were formed from reading an article online.

Oh yea, Force will probably go with Toyota.
After all, when you hear the word HotRod, you have got to think Toyota!
Toyota seems hell bent on becoming American as Apple pie & Baseball.

Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie, and Toyota? :shock: :| :-s :scratch: :???: #-o:sad8:

Time to get scared Toyota,chevy and Ford .............. Mopar is on it's way back to NHRA and NACAR.. Closets everywhere :D

Frankie :
Originally Posted by Abodybomber
Judging by ESPN,Courtney's body......
You're a pervert, Tim.
Any advertising (bad or good?),is still advertising. The Force family ,gets the name in the public spotlight .Cost? Nothing.(unless you actually care).

I bet the only Ford part that John Force runs on his cars is the ''blue oval'' decal.
He'll just jump to whoever gives him sponsorship money, i doubt that he really cares.

Times are a changing.
I blame NHRA & NASCAR for getting away from factory based RaceCars.

Yeah, remember when you could actually buy a car similiar to the ones that they raced in the dealers?

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday??? - Whatever happened to that?

There was an interview with Lee Petty (Richard's father) where he stated that he could buy a new Plymouth off the showroom (in the 50's) for $800 and have it ready for a NASCAR race by the weekend....

They just took a stock factory car and "tweaked/souped up" the engines for better performance. You could buy a car similiar to the ones that won the race in the dealerships. Now, not even close....

If I'm not mistaken, his car is hemi powered anyway. Losing ford is No big loss imo

If I'm not mistaken, his car is hemi powered anyway. Losing ford is No big loss imo

True, they have had Hemis for decades. Unfortunately, it's what body you wrap around it that gets the credit for the win....

Let's drop a Hemi into a Toyota.... Doesn't that sound terrible....

Force is pretty much cut off the same block as Carroll Shelby , puddlejumper .As long as they do not have to use up there own money , makes no difference what make is over the top of the power train .

Force is pretty much cut off the same block as Carroll Shelby , puddlejumper .As long as they do not have to use up there own money , makes no difference what make is over the top of the power train .

Are you calling him a slut???

True, they have had Hemis for decades. Unfortunately, it's what body you wrap around it that gets the credit for the win....

Let's drop a Hemi into a Toyota.... Doesn't that sound terrible....

He just needs to put a challenger body on it and call it good

-
Back