What carb??

-

Pana.Mopar

Duster Down Under
Reaction score
I've got a mild 383 in my Duster, 10.0 comp, bigger valves, Eddy RPM intake, Mopar 484 cam - 727 auto and 4.10 gears... It's a weekend crusier but would like to hit the strip at some point. Like to have fun on the street though. What carb would you guys recommend? Holley Vac Sec or DP? What CFM? Is 650 enough or should I go 750?

What he said,for street.If stepping up for more strip work,double pumper.750 cfm,both ways.

Holley 4779 750 dp

Don't know what kind of timing set up you have. Get plenty of initial on it with the 484 cam.
DP's only suck fuel depending on your right foot.

Holley 4779 750 dp

Don't know what kind of timing set up you have. Get plenty of initial on it with the 484 cam.
DP's only suck fuel depending on your right foot.

X2......get one, dial it in and run the most timing you can.:thumblef:

Thanks so much for the information guys and really appreciate it... Yeah, The Regals Logo is awesome! Some of the boys have it tattooed...

IMG_0034.jpg

Won't be a problem,you have enough cam,compression ,and gear.It will rock.

Having issues with the 750 Vac Sec (3310) with bad flat spot off the line when tramping on it. I've got a 31 size shooter on it. Could it be the accelerator pump setting?

make sure it is adjusted correctly so that any movement in the throttle shaft ..the pump squirts gas....

A secondary diaphram spring that is not stiff enough will allow the plates to flutter and cause a bog.

Year's ago I tried a 750 Holley on my 67 GTS 383, stock, and it didn't like it so I went back to the Carter which worked just fine without having to do any tuning. But that's my experience some people swear by Holley's.

big CFM and snappy throttle response? Big TQ built by Demonsizzler...Tell him what you got and hell whip one up for you. Ask anyone who has one of his. Just sayin.....

As Crackedback said...spring tension.Holley sells different color springs for different spring tensions for your secondaries on the 3310.Good luck.

Im running a 770 street avenger on my mild 360 works great but lots of timing initial is the big secret.

Thanks guys... Have ordered vacuum spring set, accelerator pump cam kit and a few larger shooters and I'll get it dialled in. I must say the 3310 (750 Vac Sec) is working a treat so far on it..

Had the 3310 on my 383 Roadrunner back in the day ran 14.0@100 on street tries with stock 383 magnum. Got 16 mpg at 55 with 3.23 gears. With the bigger cam you may need to drill the throttle plates to keep them centered over the transition slots at idle. Properly tuned it should work well. The DP is a good chose if your going to do more racing then street driving. For all out racing the car will probably be faster if you went to an 850 DP. If you have an intake that fits it a properly tuned 850 TQ would be a great choice too.

Got my Vacuum Quick Change Kit, Spring Assortment, Accelerator Pump Cams and a couple of different Pump Squirters today. Looking forward to doing some testing on the car...

-
Back