What color is the slant 6

-

ryan1428

Reaction score
Looking to do some touch up on the engine and bay. Its an orange color. All I see at the store is chevy orange, ford red, hemi orange.

66 Dart Wagon.

is that engine or body paint. never heard of that color in engine paint. is it a special order?

Looking to do some touch up on the engine and bay. Its an orange color. All I see at the store is chevy orange, ford red, hemi orange.

66 Dart Wagon.

If it's for a 66 model slant....it will be red.

Check it out before judging. I've painted a bunch of "orange" Chrysler slants and small blocks, and even the Mopar Performance colors don't match perfectly.

True.....I'm using a Ford body colour, code K, Monza Red, for my slant as it is a red red, not an orangey red.
Here in Oz, all slants were red, except for the 160hp ones which were a sort of green colour.

There is a link to pics of my car below. Underneath all that oil is paint......I think. :)

True.....I'm using a Ford body colour, code K, Monza Red, for my slant as it is a red red, not an orangey red.
Here in Oz, all slants were red, except for the 160hp ones which were a sort of green colour.

160hp slant? im curious now!

If it looks like this, I used VHT Engine paint SP155 Chrysler Red on my 65 Val, you can pick it up at Autozone (depends on the light, it has more of an orange look in brighter light)

Attachments

• DSCN1357 (800x600).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,626
160hp slant? im curious now!

Yep, they were 2bbl carby ones.....factory.....68 and 69 we had them....they didn't have headers either....had high compression and a different cam.

Attachments

• IMGP0422.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 857
  • IMGP0423.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 859
  • IMGP0424.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,309
Yep, they were 2bbl carby ones.....factory.....68 and 69 we had them....they didn't have headers either....had high compression and a different cam.

What exact shade is that "green" turquoise on the motor? :glasses7: I'm going to be doing some model work on a few and would like something more then the Hemi Orange/ Chrysler Blue/ Chrysler Red, and this "green" looks AWESOMELY different then the normal! I guess, I'm looking for the shade name to it.

Don't forget that some of the early 60's truck slants were yellow !

Bright Calypso Green

GAWD, that is bright, I don't recall seeing the green or turquoise I'm thinking of nearly that bright......

Question tho, is that a 245 Hemi /6? It seems to have more of a slant to the rear/cam side of the block......Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't think the /6 was ever "Hemi", I know there were Hemi |6's tho.......I'm just not sure and the looks well.......

I took a bit closer look, that also looks to be a 170 more then ANY of the Hemi 6's I've seen.......

This is more the color or shade of turquoise/green I was referring too, whats the shade name? OR Mopar Shade name?

yeah, I was going to mention truck yellow, like a canary yellow. South Africa had Orange slants too. Chryco Industrial Red and International Harvester Red were about the same. I just used VHT red from Autozone. It was close enough for me if your spray bombing the entire motor, no place to compare the 2! I think blue then late truck motors were black. Slant Six Dan would know in spades.....Wonder if that Oz HO mill was our Marine/Export?

YELLOW? What shade could that have been? Got pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing that!

mwtoe1RO2aZ47XbF0JzT6qg.jpg
:)

That was just a Google grab. I was looking for a "yellow slant six" and that was a cool pic. Not mine, no idea what it came from but the fan belt arrangement may be a 1960 with its generator on the starter side? and the chomed the intake? Pan looks like a car.
The Marine/HO motor came with a 2bbl intake way before the super six setup so that was my reference, and I believe it had a slightly fatter cam, probably more low end for boat RPM's

o'Reilly has both shades of blue/ green engine paint. I ended up with one of each a couple months ago by accident.

Whats then damage per can?

Then, you must be somewhere close by... O'Reilly's I *think* is a NH based store, but I'm not 100% sure of that, just got a local one is all..............

Turquoise was also the color before orange came about in late 68. My 68 roadrunner 383 was this color as was my 67 440.

-
Back