What could cause this? 360 problems ####update####

-
Yea BUTtttt Texas has good Bar B Que!!!!!!! :poke:
:BangHead:
ANDddd ya gotta remember Texas aint' the Left Coast!!!!:thumbsup:
:rofl::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I don’t blame all of Texas for the work done by one shop in Texas. And yea you do have excellent BBQ. Please don’t blame all of the left coast for the views of some of the nazis here. Some of us think a lot like Texans

You got ripped off. lol
We did everything rebuilt engines, transmissions, valve jobs, body work/paint, everything.
On Fridays we could work on our own cars, had a kid that had a pair of 64 GTO's he would bring in.
I'm taking my boy this week to a place where he can forget his own knife

(The place is owned by one of the guys who won a "forged in fire" episode)

When I told my dad about it he told me his grandpa was a blacksmith, and that he himself was planning on taking those classes, but they dropped them two years before he was old enough to take them

1st pic is #6 lifters. 2nd pic is #1 lifters. The lifters are too far down to put a straight edge across so i measured from the top of the lifter to the top of the lifter bore. .07, .06, .06, and .06 were the measurement. does this look right?

A0517B80-BCF2-49E0-A4BC-5876221FA893.jpeg

F121A08D-BD6E-435E-B71C-6F66CA7BED69.jpeg

F05A72FA-962C-480B-87CA-ABBA20041D32.jpeg

Yes it “looks” right. Is it? You won’t know for sure until you put a degree wheel on it. All you can say for sure right now is it’s close.

Post #129,
When the lifters are below the lifter bores, piggy back another lifter on top to get an accurate measurement. Take note of where the two lifters come from so that they can be returned to their correct bores.

Yea BUTtttt Texas has good Bar B Que!!!!!!! :poke:
:BangHead:
ANDddd ya gotta remember Texas aint' the Left Coast!!!!:thumbsup:
:rofl::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Macon Georgia has the best. Fincher's. If you ever get through Macon, let me know. It's on me.

I’m not sure which combination of marks will end up with the cam retarded a “bunch”.

The typical screw up is the crank key straight up, lined up with the dot on the upper gear pointing straight down.
This makes the cam 2 1/2 teeth(about 35*) advanced.
I've seen this exact scenario in person three times... Guys who have built lots of GM & Ford engines expect the keyway to be straight up... Their general knowledge is fine but when you assume something it usually bites you on the ***...

-
Back