What could cause this? 360 problems ####update####

-
You got ripped off. lol
We did everything rebuilt engines, transmissions, valve jobs, body work/paint, everything.
On Fridays we could work on our own cars, had a kid that had a pair of 64 GTO's he would bring in.
Didn't cost me anything. I went a half day of school and the last half at tech school. You had to be a junior in high school and you had to have good grades in order to go. I didn't take auto body, auto repair was a different course than auto body, it was one or the other.

Yep, that’s what we did. All of it. If we were caught up and getting a B or better we could work on teachers cars (and we got paid for that) or we could bring in cars to work on that didn’t belong to us and get paid.

I had to bring in my bosses Pontiac Ventura with a 350 chevy in it. For some reason it snapped an exhaust rocker stud. We replaced the broken stud and made 50 bucks each, which was pretty good beer money in 1980.
Some guys brought their own cars in to work on, we didn't get paid for it, it went towards our grades even if we worked on someone else's car it didn't pay anything. The tech school said that it was part of our training program and since it was a public school we wasn't eligible for pay.

Some guys brought their own cars in to work on, we didn't get paid for it, it went towards our grades even if we worked on someone else's car it didn't pay anything. The tech school said that it was part of our training program and since it was a public school we wasn't eligible for pay.
The school didn't pay the owner did.

dan, why are you acting as if this is some huge revelation? highschool auto shop, local college and tech/vocational schools have been doing this seemingly forever.

dan, why are you acting as if this is some huge revelation? highschool auto shop, local college and tech/vocational schools have been doing this seemingly forever.
I was only talking about my experience with my tech school, no biggie

My guess is because he's a frakkin idiot.

LOL

attention_whore.jpg

@RustyRatRod

Train wreck in progress. Off the rails again.

I don't call you names and I expect the same from you.
Like yourself ive never degree'd a cam. Ive haven't installed that many and my rebuilds were all mostly stock but more recently I understand that I should be doing this for a better running engine.
Some of the guys here are really knowledgeable, they really know their stuff and if this is what they are telling us, we should take notice
Im going to keep reading, researching and asking questions
You would do yourself a big favour to keep your fingers off the keyboard sometimes and just read and learn
You might not call people names and expect the same in return but understand this is the new age of social media, were people make wrong assumptions, write things they would never say in person and generally act like assholes, so sometimes it may serve you better as in this thread to keep opinions to ones self

I was watching an eposode of MororTrends Texas Metal. I admit I am not into a lot of their builds, but I enjoy the commonsense attitude and their ability to fab espeially one off frames. In that eposode, the HS auto shop teacher took a bus load of his students to their facility for a field day. That teacher has been at that school for 29 years!!!! I was impressed!

I was watching an eposode of MororTrends Texas Metal. I admit I am not into a lot of their builds, but I enjoy the commonsense attitude and their ability to fab espeially one off frames. In that eposode, the HS auto shop teacher took a bus load of his students to their facility for a field day. That teacher has been at that school for 29 years!!!! I was impressed!
That show in a nutshell... drop it to the ground... LS swap... booming stereo... lol.

That show in a nutshell... drop it to the ground... LS swap... booming stereo... lol.
And build all of the suspension and roll cage with schedule 40 pipe and a push bender. SMH

Yea BUTtttt Texas has good Bar B Que!!!!!!! :poke:
:BangHead:
ANDddd ya gotta remember Texas aint' the Left Coast!!!!:thumbsup:
:rofl::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Their work must be awesome as they have a 2 year waiting period. If the part isn't available they make it. Same thing with iron resurrection and kingid design.

I've noticed before that some on here are quick to find fault with the car programs, if you have your own business do you have 15 or more employees, have a 2 year waiting list for work to be done

I've noticed before that some on here are quick to find fault with the car programs, if you have your own business do you have 15 or more employees, have a 2 year waiting list for work to be done
Why don't you stifle yourself, Edith. Some of us actually tried to add information to this thread

dan couldn't catch a clue in a field of clues during mating season.

I know a guy that had 2 employees , well sort of, they had a 4 -5 year waiting list. Mostly they were waiting for their money.

-
Back