what do ya think of this cam???

-

valiant360

Reaction score
for my 360 build headers, intake , 4 brl , stock heads. 2500 stall 3:91 gears. Its a melling cam.

480/480 valve lift
287/287 duration int/ext in degrees
231/231 duration & .50
109 center lobe

Looking at the specs, with over 220 at .050" and a 109 centerline, the engine should have a mean lope. Should give violent acceleration at 2800 rpm and up. Keep us informed.

I think that cam/stall converter and gearing will work good together.

nice combo, but your gonna be held back by the heads.

This combo is very much like mine, except your cam has a lot more duration. My car ran 13.35 on a 95-degree day with a cam that only has 214/218 degrees at .050" lift, BUT it has .525" lift, and I have Magnum heads, so I'd say the breathing might be pretty close, overall, since it's a roller tappet cam with more lift and marginally better heads. My stall speed is 2,500, too, but I think you might need a little more, with all that duration.

But, my car weighs 3,340 without me in it, and yours is gonna be lighter, with the work you've done, so it might run closer to a 13-flat.

I live in central Arkansas and sometimes race at the drag strip at Salisaw; do you live anywhere near there?
We should get together sometime for a "match race:"... As close as our two cars are, it could be fun!!!

My email is [email protected]

Let me know when you might be there, or come on down to the strip at Centerville; they run 1,000-feet. It's just South of Russellvile, about 85 miles southeast of Ft. Smith. Go to Russellville on I-40 and go South about 12 miles out of Russellville on state highway 7... it goes right to Centerville. The strip is right outside town about a mile.

Good luck with your project!!!

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas
(501) 548-6162 if you ever want to swap ideas about the cars...

Cams are like socks, everybody has a better pair........

I'd look for a greater duration @ .050 with that advertised duration. OR said this way, I'd look for less advertised duration with that @ .050 spec.

With that said, the combo still looks good and will probably perform well.

-
Back