What do you do to detail / wax / clean your mopar?

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you do to detail / wax / clean your Mopar?

What products do you use?

How often do you Detail / Wax / Clean / Etc?

320 grit sand paper (car is primered probably never getting painted lol), I only clean it if I am going to a show usually.

Well lets see, to wash it I use Meguiars gold wash, to wax I use Jax Wax 2 to 3 a year and use never dull and white gold on the wheels. All done with a micro fiber.

I start with a degreaser (meguiars)that comes from a local detail supplier on the fender wells, tires and on the lower part of the car. Then I use a wire wheel spoke acid (Meguiars) to clean brake dust etc. off my rims. I then wet the car and spray a bug solution (Meguiars) on the windshield, mirror and grill area and begin to wash the car with a mit, I leave the bug solution areas for last to let it soften the bugs up.

I then rinse the soap off and use a California water blade to get most of the water off then chamois the rest. Then I use a tire shine dressing(Meguiars) with a tire brush

Oh by the way, Im an auto detailer for a local dealership. I detail my car at LEAST once a week, inside and out

I also use a Polymer sealant wax or a carnuba wax(Meguiars), even on my windows, works better than Rain X

320 grit sand paper (car is primered probably never getting painted lol), I only clean it if I am going to a show usually.

Sounds familiar, lately. When I last had a painted vintage car, cut & buffed with 3 M's finesse it,maintained with Meguiars No.7(a decade ago). The daily driver gets washed every 10 - 14 days. Usually use Meguiars Gold Class car wash. Hose car down in shade, flooding top towards bottom.(removes surface dirt & residue). Soapy mitten ,water flooding consistent. (Washed in shade ,if possible). Water spots,get a touch of vinegar. Liking the Mother's Synthetic wax ,these days. Wheels /tires ,scrubbed & cleaned(hate shiny tires).

Wash with Meguiars car wash, scrub white letters with Comet and a bristle brush, rinse and dry the car with a chamois, Invisible Glass then RainX the windshield, Invisble glass and newspaper for the remainder of the windows, rinse, dry, and detail the engine bay with Meguiars Quick mist, and some protectant on a rag for hoses.

Getting ready to use a product called Finish First instead of traditional Meguiars wax...any thoughts? I usually give it a good bath at the beginning of the season, then a fresh coat after cruise season ends.

Heres a few of the products I use.

Ardex, Meguiers, Chemical Guys, Maximus, 3M and Gtechniq mostly

Attachments

• download.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 151
Amy-and she does a GREAT job!I used to wash and wax but I found that $100 and it looks much better than I can do it!

Have not used water on the finish since 2012 when the the car was finished. I use the Califonia Duster and a Show & Shine product. I remove the bugs asap with AC Delco window cleaner. It's black with sikens clear coat. Used a Meguiar's wax on it this weekend and it looks great.

Hands down, I have been using these same 3 products for 20 plus years.

www.carbrite.com

Car Brite: Cleaner glaze Step 1

Car Brite: Crystal Shine Step 2

Wax: Collinite auto wax Step 3 (Buy the small can because it lasts!)

I am not a professional detailer, just an average guy. Tried the others and never got better results than the above. Never looked back ever!

Collinate is good just watch how much you put on because it takes for ever to flash.

I recommend trying some Gtechniq Exo. Its easy to apply and will likely last 2 years on a car that isnt a daily driver. Do 2 coats and watch how much depth it adds to the paint. It also makes washing real simple.

-
Back