What do you do when the furniture doesn't fit thru the door?

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So when we went to buy the couch about 15 years ago, I had measured the basement stairs and all looked good. Got it home and realized I should have measured the doorway instead. Ended up taking the whole jamb out of the opening to get the dang thing down the steps. At that time I made the statement as such: "When it's time for a new one, this one is going out in pieces."

That time has come. 15 minutes with the sawzall and here it is ready for extraction from the basement.

20181125_195033.jpg

Lol.
Not far off what i promised.
Next time we move, all the furniture is getting burned in the front yard.
We moved once a year for too many years. 14 in the same spot now.

I loaned my grinder to a friend,had a warsh machine to haul upstairs. 4 cutoff wheels,and it went out in bite size pieces.

I use to move a lot. I would buy cheep "wood" furniture from the thrift stores and burn it when I moved.

im about to deal with this
i have a spiral staircase in the basement that went in through the downstairs garage and then had to be "screwed" through the doorway

once its done painted, it needs to go back out the same way, around the house and in through a window which sits about 7 feet above the ground
it will then have to be put in at n angle, so it will fit in the room and clear the roof

not looking forward to that part, at all

i have a spiral staircase in the basement that went in through the downstairs garage and then had to be "screwed" through the doorway

once its done painted, it needs to go back out the same way, around the house and in through a window which sits about 7 feet above the ground
it will then have to be put in at n angle, so it will fit in the room and clear the roof

My mind is spinning just thinking about it.

deliverd furniture for years to customers homes and i could go on for hours bout trying to get the stuff in some places!!

We had a solid oak armore in our bedroom that took four grown *** men and a refridgerator dolly to get up the steps and into the house. I swore that if I ever had to move it again it was coming out in chunks. I ended up giving it away on Craigslist but I didn't have to lift a finger to get rid of it!

Sounds simple enough:rofl:

The new sectional gets delivered today. I premeasured the doorway this time and took the tape measure to the store when we went shopping. As long as they don't install the feet until after they are down the stairs, they'll have a half inch of clearance.

-
Back