What do you guys think of the airgap copys?

-
some people like ..some people hate...take your pick...

I have the summit one, had I known what what it was going to cost in machining to make it fit on my LA heads I could of and would of bought a edlebrock instead. That said it is working fine so far.

Had one, it fit, ports lined up better than same Edelbrock casting, slightly smaller plenum volume. Chinese slave labor, Chinese get the casting pollution.. imported by US business man turning a profit, employing US sales staff. The choice is yours.

I have promised to only say:

Do a search, this has been covered in depth!

junk. chinese junk. i have always had great luck with edelbrock manifolds...at least the ones ive come across...ive had a regular performer on the 318, i have a performer rpm on my 318 now, rpm air gap on my sb chevy truck, my brother has an rpm air gap on his smallblock chevy truck, and an rpm air gap on his 502 big block chevy, and i have a victor 340 on my 408 stroker...all seem to be very good quality. no mismatched ports....

Mine had ZERO issues, but I have seen some that had horrible quality control, if you have a chance to look at it before purchase go that route.

Simply put, the copy is never better then the original.

NOTE: Addressed to no person, personally

If the cost difference of the 2 intakes was that crucial to the family budget, I most certainly would not be in this particular "hobby".

As long as I am though, I did not serve years in the US military to now
be voluntarily using Chi-Com knock-off rip-offs of American parts.

I'm very aware that every aspect of this hobby is optional.
If our budget required it due to some calamity around the
corner, all of the accumulated car stuff can leave ASAP.

BUT, again...as long I am still am in the game, I'll save my pennies
until I do have enough to pay the difference with choices like this.

Total garbage....made of crap aluminum, was the only thing available when I first did a magnum head swap. Lost the camshaft, bearings, and crank in my otherwise cherry 89 318 I had.

Buy the edelbrock. It fits perfectly and has good quality machining.

-
Back