What do you think? Does my Valiant need a Hood Scoop?

Does my Valiant need a scoop

• Scoop

Votes: 75 60.5%
  • No scoop

Votes: 49 39.5%

• Total voters
-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Help me out boys and girls.....I am torn. I have a factory dual snorkel hood scoop that I believe is from a 1972 Demon that I bought to use on my 66 Valiant. I have seen pics of Moparlee's Valiant with one and love how it looks. I like this scoop alot but once I install it I have to leave it on cause of the holes I drill in the hood. Also, my hood has a raised center so I would have to grind the base of the scoop a little to make it fit flush. Also, I don't want a cheap repo scoop cause they all seem to be ill-fitting garbage so only an original will do for me.

I also love the look I have going now with the open, old skool look and I am not worried about water and dirt going in the open hole, car is seldom driven in the rain, and when it is, water rarely goes in while driving.

Should I use the scoop? Or sell the scoop? Or just keep it?

Attachments

• DSC06953 (1).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,190
  • DSC06954 (1).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,310
  • DSC06955 (1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,187
  • DSC06958 (1).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,190
  • DSC06959 (1).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSC06960 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,141
  • Picture 658.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,168
i like it Keith. i would get you another hood to put it on. its like wheels, options are the best when you can change it up and still go back LOL

I always liked hood scoops. That would look great on yours. Some like a flat hood, I like that I'm going to kick your *ss look.

Fred B

Help me out boys and girls.....I am torn. I have a factory dual snorkel hood scoop that I believe is from a 1972 Demon that I bought to use on my 66 Valiant. I have seen pics of Moparlee's Valiant with one and love how it looks. I like this scoop alot but once I install it I have to leave it on cause of the holes I drill in the hood. Also, my hood has a raised center so I would have to grind the base of the scoop a little to make it fit flush. Also, I don't want a cheap repo scoop cause they all seem to be ill-fitting garbage so only an original will do for me.

I also love the look I have going now with the open, old skool look and I am not worried about water and dirt going in the open hole, car is seldom driven in the rain, and when it is, water rarely goes in while driving.

Should I use the scoop? Or sell the scoop? Or just keep it?

I'm kind of torn .......... I like your ride without it, but I don't like it with "that" scoop..... you need a more period correct scoop........If there is such a thing?

I have another nice hood, but want to keep that one uncut incase I decide to make this car a sleeper someday.....its definetly not one right now! :D

OK, you asked so gotta say I like the scoop better than the air filter through the hood look. But that's just me.
HemiMark suggests a more period-correct look. How about the 63-64 ramcharger style scoop. Also fairly low profile and not too long for your hood.
I agree with 73AbodEE, find another hood and run it with whatever scoop you finally decide on for a change in looks.

I'm kind of torn .......... I like your ride without it, but I don't like it with "that" scoop..... you need a more period correct scoop........If there is such a thing?

I had a 68 SS scoop and I didn't like it too much so I sold it. I have seen a few with the 63-64 B-body ramcharger style and they look good, but are pretty big. I agree a period one would look best, the 67 B-body superstock scoop looks cool too.

Attachments

• junkyard 021.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,139
  • junkyard 022.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,158
I have another nice hood, but want to keep that one uncut incase I decide to make this car a sleeper someday.....its definetly not one right now! :D

then get another hood LOL

they definitely take up less space than sets of wheels lol

then get another hood LOL

they definitely take up less space than sets of wheels lol

Might have too, but they can be hard to find here, I was hoping my parts car had a solid one but it folded over on the hinges when I closed the hood :banghead:

Or I could put it on the wagon??? LMAO

Attachments

• DSC06964 (1).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSC06965 (1).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,163
  • DSC06966 (1).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,194
Might have too, but they can be hard to find here, I was hoping my parts car had a solid one but it folded over on the hinges when I closed the hood :banghead:

im sure you will run into another one. this pic looks really sharp, i like it and i saved it LOL. i think it looks better than the SS scoop :D but im partial to them

Attachments

• keiths.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,177
  • d407.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,125
LOL , i actually think THIS looks GREAT

my dual snorkel has been a hood ***** as well lmao

Attachments

• keithsa.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,128
  • a267.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,140
Your valiant for sure needs a scoop.....but not that style. might be personal taste here, but i would aim for something different

66015.jpg

I love the dual snorkel scoop.. So much so, I put one on my Dart lol.. I think it looks great on your Valiant... Go for it..

I've always liked your current hood, its a look not seen much these days. Definitely don't like the hemi scoop, out of proportion with the car. The dual scoop looks good in combo with the black fenders but agree with most others... use a different hood. That way you could have 3 different looks (flat, filtered, scooped). You did such a nice job on modifying your current hood why cover it up. Plus grinding on a factory scoop to make it fit....not the route I'd take.

It looks great with or without the scoop Iprefer the dual snorkle scoop better than the Hemi SS scoop if you decide to put on on it.

-
Back