What do you think? Does my Valiant need a Hood Scoop?

Does my Valiant need a scoop

• Scoop

Votes: 75 60.5%
  • No scoop

Votes: 49 39.5%

• Total voters
-
I really like the attitude your car has with the air cleaner peeking out of the hood. It is perfect with the black fenders. It has such personality. It screams "don't f()ck with me!" I never thought of the Ramcharger scoop. It is so period correct and blends with the rest of the car. Maybe cut the Ramcharger scoop and make it narrower. Just a thought. tmm

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!! it's badass now, maybe get a k & n filter thats an inch or two taller .....:protest:

I really like the attitude your car has with the air cleaner peeking out of the hood. It is perfect with the black fenders. It has such personality. It screams "don't f()ck with me!" I never thought of the Ramcharger scoop. It is so period correct and blends with the rest of the car. Maybe cut the Ramcharger scoop and make it narrower. Just a thought. tmm

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!! it's badass now, maybe get a k & n filter thats an inch or two taller .....:protest:

Thanks! But I think I have to ditch the hood for now....see link below........:glasses7:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=214758

I see velocity stacks in your future....
Bwa ha ha ha.

Personally, I think the dual snorkel scoop follows the lines of your Valiant to a tee, but it looks like you have a whole new set of rules with the tunnel ram setup now though.

Pretty sweet machine btw.

I like them both but i am a more of the flat hood with a but load of power under it

thread resurrection? Keith arent you going with a weiand dual tunnelram now?

I believe he is, not sure but if he did I would let it show, he has a couple cool drivers he can enjoy on rainy day's, I dig that groovy wagon he has :glasses7:

Or I could put it on the wagon??? LMAO
That looks great on the wagon.
I like the ramcharger on the early iron although I did run a sixpack scoop on my 67 GT for a bit, before the GTS lump hood.

I think the 1967 RO/WO scoop would be killer on your car. Or maybe a scaled down version of it, since the scoop is probably as long as the hood on your car lol.

FL0109-77062_2_zps854a72a9.jpg

i like the 70 mopar pro scoop.a 5 inch tall deal .like the guy on here that has the charcoal grey 73 with a 440 in it....

Wow, old thread! I have this to install, hopefully soon I can get to work on it, just been busy with other upgrades on the car :glasses7:

So, when that happens, the hood will come off, I have another to cut for the tunnel ram set-up, the hood needs a little body work so I don't feel bad about cutting it lol

Attachments

• DSC07499.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC08244.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 180
Wow, old thread! I have this to install, hopefully soon I can get to work on it, just been busy with other upgrades on the car :glasses7:

So, when that happens, the hood will come off, I have another to cut for the tunnel ram set-up, the hood needs a little body work so I don't feel bad about cutting it lol

Is that your wagon back there

Here is the Super Duty Scoop on my 64. Thought it was period correct. If your going with 2 fours, I would leave the hood off 2 cents

Steve

Attachments

• valiant16.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 165
Scoopless or maybe a small shaker style I've seen on Dakotas or one like they had on early thunderbolts ( tear drop )...

I had a 68 SS scoop and I didn't like it too much so I sold it. I have seen a few with the 63-64 B-body ramcharger style and they look good, but are pretty big. I agree a period one would look best, the 67 B-body superstock scoop looks cool too.

Much better looking with the hemi scoop! The demon scoop didn't flow well imo, but will even the hemi one clear that giant manifold you are going with now?

-
Back