What do you think of this

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so at school everyone knows I own the old s*** primered car sitting in the parking lot.The are a few people who respect it but most hate it and think it looks like sh** beacuse its not painted.They dont understand the consept of brakes and driveline work that you cant see and it does not help that daddy did not buy me a new BMW or Jeep.I am going to paint it big bold black letters right between the taillights (F*c* You) what do you guys think of that.

Ok so at school everyone knows I own the old s*** primered car sitting in the parking lot.The are a few people who respect it but most hate it and think it looks like sh** beacuse its not painted.They dont understand the consept of brakes and driveline work that you cant see and it does not help that daddy did not buy me a new BMW or Jeep.I am going to paint it big bold black letters right between the taillights (F*c* You) what do you guys think of that.

i think that may attract some of the wrong attention. i think that will get your car vandalized by yuppy high school kids and prob not be too favorable by the police force.

your better off telling them to meet you at the track and show them whats up.

Bad idea. Take the lumps and know your a better man and mechanic doing things your way.
Public cuss words can land you in trouble.

Are we talking high school? I rode the bus like everybody else in the 70's. I remember only a scattering of student cars in the parking lot and they were like old VW bugs. No status involved. Same deal in college. I guess parents started the all kids must drive to school deal. What a waste of resources and anti-socializing the youth. Don't care what the spoiled kids think. You will see them later at your high school reunions still mooching off their parents with no job prospects.

I wouldn't do that, just have them as suggested to meet you at the track. Doing your plan I bet you'll get the attention of the local police.

While being young and impulsive that may seem like a good idea, it isn't. Of course it's your car to do as you wish, but I think I would come up with something a little smarter to confuse them.

I'm in my 50's and I still think like that sometimes but life's experiences has taught me different. Try and come up with something that is a dig without them realizing it is, that will confuse the naysayers.

But in reality, you have something there to be proud of regardless how it looks. There aren't many kids with your drive to do what you have done with that car.

Could it be they are just jealous??

I think you should get a nice little daily driver, like a Toyota or Honda, that gets 30+ mpg.

Then, you will have more money and time to devote to your Duster.

Making your car look nice is the only thing they will understand.

I think you should get a nice little daily driver, like a Toyota or Honda, that gets 30+ mpg.

Then, you will have more money and time to devote to your Duster.

Making your car look nice is the only thing they will understand.

I know that just ticks me I could drive a Perfect hemi cuda with new driveline brake all the works but it was in primer and it would be crap to them.

I know that just ticks me I could drive a Perfect hemi cuda with new driveline brake all the works but it was in primer and it would be crap to them.

if you care what they think about your car then your falling into there trap. you are thinking like them. like i said...... challenge them to a race at the track. if they show and you beat them they wont know what hit them. kids like that have no respect for what they or you have. they didnt have to work for anything. if you piss them off they will just mess with your car.

Bad idea. Take the lumps and know your a better man and mechanic doing things your way.
Public cuss words can land you in trouble.

I agree with Rob, and all the other comments that have been made. Don't stoop to their level. I always drove old cars and still do and i'm almost 36. I see so many people i went to school with that have been spolied rotten or have fancy yuppie cars and SUV's, I have never been impressed. Hell, the car I drive in the winter right now is a huge rusty 1984 Olds 98 boat and I don't care what anybody thinks, and I love the big car! Plus, I can keep my Mopars tucked away at home safe and sound, then in the spring, bring them out to roack the streets again. My favorite part is going through mall or other big parking lots full of cars, as I idle though my Valiant sets off the car alarms on the stupid yuppie cars LOL!! The best thing is when these d-bag dudes are with their chicks, they look at me like i am crazy but when I see the girl, she looks like she is crazy for me LMAO :D Besides, who would want a high matenience girl like that anyway, car chicks are more fun :prayer:

Anyway, back on track LOL, don't put that crap on your car, bad things will happen. I wish you luck with these morons and do your best to hold your head up high and proud, remember, you have a MOPAR :burnout:

I learned along tome ago that what other people think is just their opinion and who really cares what they think. A better man will make his own path and there will always be a critic. You have chosen it be independent of the school clicks good for you.
And i agree with the others bad idea too many varialbes to think about.

Just keep this in mind:

Your car has blood, sweat, and tears into it... Their cars have Daddy's money, maybe some stick-on fake vents, and possibly a big ugly wing on the trunk... YOU'RE the one that understands handling and aerodynamics characteristics; they just do it because Vin Diesel told them to... And really, who gives a squirt what they think!? The important thing is whether or not YOU'RE happy with what you've accomplished.

Built, not bought!!

- CK

If you really care what people think about your car, sell your Duster, buy the latest "in" car, and join the herd. Before you do that, just remember that the Duster was cool and kickin' butt before most of these snots ran down their mother's leg. It's not easy being the lead dog but the view is better.....

Even if you paint your car people still think its a piece of **** cause its old.

Don't let it get to you too much.

Instead of the cuss words, how about "I'm building mine I didn't have it given to me, can you say the same?"

Ok so at school everyone knows I own the old s*** primered car sitting in the parking lot.

Hey Dusterkid,

I can relate. I was that kid in HS. Had the only old, un-painted, car in the lot. But I could give a darn what folks thought. It was my car, that I bought for $125 with money I earned. Got it running with junkyard parts, sweat and a little blood. And to me she looked great standing out from the crowd. It was also not the slowest car in the lot :burnout:. Like the others, I'd also say pass on the wording on the rear, you're better than that.

Be well,
Pat

just think of it this way you are building your dream, not theirs keep working on it and be proud of it yes it my be in primer now but wait until it is done.

-
Back