What happened to this block?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Is this an old poly? What happened ?

image.jpeg

Ohh man that hurts!!!! So much for the poly revolution!

those pistons look like they have never been fired

Looks like it hydrauliced. It's got grooves for wire inserts in the deck. I'd say they screwed it up and it filled with water. It's got good rods otherwise the rod would have pretzeled.

Well, with those pistons, it's got around 7.5:1 so either it was a blower motor or nitrous.

It's been run, it's stained at the top of the cylinder.

There's also damage at the edge of the valve pocket. It doesn't appear to be sleeved, but the cylinder walls aren't super thick.

The rest...I have ideas but couldn't say for sure.

It's been run, it's stained at the top of the cylinder.

There's also damage at the edge of the valve pocket. It doesn't appear to be sleeved, but the cylinder walls aren't super thick.

The rest...I have ideas but couldn't say for sure.
Yea took a closer look doesn't look sleeved

Those cylinders look plenty thick to me. Around 1/4" I would guess. Pick up a piece of 1/4" plate. That's frikkin thick for a cylinder wall.

Photo takes you back to the 60s. The days of supercharged hemis on nitro.
I'm thinking its a used up slingshot engine.
"O"ringed with aluminum rods.

well with those grooves cut for o-ring on the deck , and it has custom alum rods showing . it had some boost added to make power , and well back to the drawing board , and some early polys shared blocks with the hemi . take the 55 301 , and some ind engines 331 354 had poly heads , dodge engines did same thing poly or hemi heads on the same block . my 55 chrysler 301 poly with 55 chrysler 331 hemi heads .

DSC03445.JPG

DSC03449.JPG

-
Back