What have I gotten myself into?

-
Very cool. Will you paint the bumper or re-chrome?

Some tail light goodness
IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

Your work on that bumper is quite inspiring.

One thing in my opinion that makes new vehicles look smooth is the bumper lines matching the body. All those 70s bumpers sticking out an foot extra was always kind of annoying to me.
Pretty great modernization fabrication on that bumper!

Your work on that bumper is quite inspiring.

One thing in my opinion that makes new vehicles look smooth is the bumper lines matching the body. All those 70s bumpers sticking out an foot extra was always kind of annoying to me.
Pretty great modernization fabrication on that bumper!

There will be no seam the bumper will be fully molded into the body. Hoping it'll be subtle enough to the general population but when parked in a group will spark many questions.

are you planning on body color for the bumper?...chrome??.....accent color???

are you planning on body color for the bumper?...chrome??.....accent color???

Body color with flat black accents around the inside edge of the tail light pockets. One thing I didn't want was a tail stripe but because I got backed into a corner on having to use panel bond I will be running a flat black stripe on the tail too. So main body color will be 2011 Chrysler Deep water blue pearl and the hood grille wheels and butt stripe will all be flat black.

OK while waiting for my body guy to paint the inside of the bumper I decided to do some finish work on my Fab stuff. Drip rails needed a good clean edge so taking a cue from snaptwo's build I finished with a piece of angled steel.
IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Lots of work. I'm sure it will be slick and trick.

Putting a dash like that in your car is definitely going to put an emphasis on your thread title, "What have I gotten myself into?"
What is the dash out of? I can't wait to see your finish product of the bumper flush mounted.

hope your bonding rear fillers to metal dont shrink. get some one to make a BUC and make it outa metal. weld it in. you will be better off, less headache

I know it will shrink. Planned the shrink in the actual amount of bonding is less then 1/32 after I sand it all down. There will be bondo over it and I'm gonna lay a vinyl stripe over that area.

Putting a dash like that in your car is definitely going to put an emphasis on your thread title, "What have I gotten myself into?"
What is the dash out of? I can't wait to see your finish product of the bumper flush mounted.

2011 Chevy Cobalt

So I've been attacking the bodywork myself lately. I've never done this kind of thing so I'm just roughing it ans my body guy is gonna do the finish work. I also snagged a set of 20" wheels and tire for my front end mock up.
IMAG0028.jpg

Smooth rear
IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0054-1.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0062-1.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

235/40/20's seem to fit nice at ride height.

IMAG0064-1.jpg

Still got a bunch of work to get her rolling again.

Oh and Denny I think we can get away with a factory style k member on her. On the 20's that are there I just need to do the raised inner fender treatment.

-
Back