What have I gotten myself into?

-
nice ride height......how about a measurement (PM/e-mail if you prefer) from
the ground/floor to bottom of frame rail at the REAR K frame bolt...also the height or radius your front wheel/tire combo for spindle height. while you are there....measure the inside hub of your wheel to the frame rail at the optimum location of the wheel /tire

I will measure everything either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Jason remember though I'm a hack that doesn't know what he's doing. Or at least that's what the lx guys think.

Hack away my friend...this is an enjoyable build to follow!!

Looking forward to seeing that dash fitted...what are you doing to the trans tunnel? Centering the running gear I resume.

I've just finished fitting a late GM tunnel into my 62 Valiant...big job to marry up to the Chrysler floor but well worth the effort

Keep hacking, you have a lot of people interested! :prayer:

Hack away my friend...this is an enjoyable build to follow!!

Looking forward to seeing that dash fitted...what are you doing to the trans tunnel? Centering the running gear I resume.

I've just finished fitting a late GM tunnel into my 62 Valiant...big job to marry up to the Chrysler floor but well worth the effort

Keep hacking, you have a lot of people interested! :prayer:

raising the tunnel for ground clearance with Denny's superslammer K-member. Also raising the inner fenderwells.

raising the tunnel for ground clearance with Denny's superslammer K-member. Also raising the inner fenderwells.

I've seen that done before but I can't remember where.....oh yea, now I remember, it can't be that hard if that other guy did it.:hello2::hello2::hello2:

I've seen that done before but I can't remember where.....oh yea, now I remember, it can't be that hard if that other guy did it.:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Yeah I just have to hope there is hood clearance for my EFI intake if not then a custom hood may be in order. Ross your an inspiration to many and they say imitation is the sincerest form of flatery. I'm going to use some 4" tube and channel the floor for my exhaust too and use that to raise the floor. I'm hoping the subframe connectors will be the lowest point of the car.

Yeah I just have to hope there is hood clearance for my EFI intake if not then a custom hood may be in order. Ross your an inspiration to many and they say imitation is the sincerest form of flatery. I'm going to use some 4" tube and channel the floor for my exhaust too and use that to raise the floor. I'm hoping the subframe connectors will be the lowest point of the car.

That will be cool, can't wait to see the work....I wanted to make something like this work (see pic) on my project but the engine builder decided to go with 11:1 compression so a lil' supercharger is out but I would love to see it used on a LA block...should clear your hood too

Attachments

• whipple.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 743
That will be cool, can't wait to see the work....I wanted to make something like this work (see pic) on my project but the engine builder decided to go with 11:1 compression so a lil' supercharger is out but I would love to see it used on a LA block...should clear your hood too
I'm actually looking into a Maggy for my hemi.

John I must say I am totally impressed with your work, man I know how hard of work you had to put in to get it this far.

Awesome job.....

here is how I would like to see you proceed....

1) set the car at desired ride height...record measurements
2) hang the engine with oil pan/trans in the bay where you want it for ground clearance on the bottom vs air cleaner height/clearance on top.

since the rack sits under the oil pan ..in front of the sump...measure the difference between the bottom of the oil pan in front of the sump (where to rack will sit)....and the bottom of the frame rail where the K-frame attaches.

this tells me how far below the frame rail the rack can be placed. all other suspension pieces are placed according to the rack height

let's fit the suspension to your build...not your build to the suspension

Nice. Somehow I doubt you can order an AlterK to fit that way.

2) hang the engine with oil pan/trans in the bay where you want it for ground clearance on the bottom vs air cleaner height/clearance on top.

since the rack sits under the oil pan ..in front of the sump...measure the difference between the bottom of the oil pan in front of the sump (where to rack will sit)....and the bottom of the frame rail where the K-frame attaches.

this tells me how far below the frame rail the rack can be placed. all other suspension pieces are placed according to the rack height

Engine and body are in separate locations. So that measurement may be difficult. I will build my oil pan to where ever the rack sits. If I have to I can also move the engine back since I currently have no firewall.

Engine and body are in separate locations. So that measurement may be difficult. I will build my oil pan to where ever the rack sits. If I have to I can also move the engine back since I currently have no firewall.

ok.....plan B

you will get a super slammer

That is the exact same reason why I bought the HemiDenny kit. I just ordered the upgraded shock support braces.

Not to many places today you get that kind of personal service.

I like to be able to talk directly to who I am dealing with.

So I set my wheel back up and I know my fender height to the ground is the same as Ross' at ride height. I also confirmed lock to lock I have a finger clearance to the lip But I'm running an 8" rim not a 7"

nice ride height......how about a measurement (PM/e-mail if you prefer) from
the ground/floor to bottom of frame rail at the REAR K frame bolt...also the height or radius your front wheel/tire combo for spindle height. while you are there....measure the inside hub of your wheel to the frame rail at the optimum location of the wheel /tire

Ground to rear k bolt: 11"

Spindle centerline to the ground: 13" with a 2" mustang drop spindle.

26" overall tire diameter 20" wheel

Hub face of rotor to frame rail: 12" I might feel better if we could move that in a hair for turning at speed.

-
Back