What have I gotten myself into?

-
Ground to rear k bolt: 11"

Spindle centerline to the ground: 13" with a 2" mustang drop spindle.

26" overall tire diameter 20" wheel

Hub face of rotor to frame rail: 12" I might feel better if we could move that in a hair for turning at speed.

my silver Duster is at 12" hub to frame....Ross's is a smidge closer (as far as I can remember)...maybe 1/8" .....there is adjustment to move it closer in the threaded poly ends, the limiting factor is the coil spring (coil over) clearance with the factory frame bumpstop for the lower control arm. The frame bumpstop, of course, can be removed

shock mounts..included.
shock hoops slightly x-tra

I'll e-mail you a total

my silver Duster is at 12" hub to frame....Ross's is a smidge closer (as far as I can remember)...maybe 1/8" .....there is adjustment to move it closer in the threaded poly ends, the limiting factor is the coil spring (coil over) clearance with the factory frame bumpstop for the lower control arm. The frame bumpstop, of course, can be removed

shock mounts..included.
shock hoops slightly x-tra

I'll e-mail you a total

The other side is I'm leaning away from air bags and thinking I'll carry around adjuster wrenches and get to the shows early and crank the springs down for looks at the shows.

I could always get a different offset wheel too I suppose. I was going to remove the factory bump stops and run something like Ross has for the upper arm.

Can't go wrong with Plan B......

Plan B didnt work for me HAHAHA.. Going with the Louisiana super slammer. needed car to be a tad closer to the ground and a lil mor grond clearence. im glad i didnt go with the other guys k member BC i would have had to butcher it up alot to get it where i am at now. cant see spending 4000 plus and having to butcher.

Plan B didnt work for me HAHAHA.. Going with the Louisiana super slammer. needed car to be a tad closer to the ground and a lil mor grond clearence. im glad i didnt go with the other guys k member BC i would have had to butcher it up alot to get it where i am at now. cant see spending 4000 plus and having to butcher.

Yeah I'm glad there is an affordable option out there for us.

Rearranged some stuff and properly tucked the wheel and snapped another picture at my desired ride height

IMAG0138-1.jpg

Remember folk's thats a 20" wheel in that hole and there is plenty clearance after moving the inner fender.

Rearranged some stuff and properly tucked the wheel and snapped another picture at my desired ride height

IMAG0138-1.jpg

Remember folk's thats a 20" wheel in that hole and there is plenty clearance after moving the inner fender.

what the ground clearence under the frame rail by the toe board?
are you touching the inner top of the fender right now? if so the the super slammer will work for you

what the ground clearence under the frame rail by the toe board?
are you touching the inner top of the fender right now? if so the the super slammer will work for you
I should be at the same height as Ross at ride height and dropped 2 inches when I let the air out of the bags. I'm resting on the inner fender currently and I will be moving that up 3-4 inches and I'm running a 2" drop spindle as well.

Just placed my order for my front end. Got a surprise when I talked to Denny about it. Be ready for some serious stuff folks.

I should be at the same height as Ross at ride height and dropped 2 inches when I let the air out of the bags. I'm resting on the inner fender currently and I will be moving that up 3-4 inches and I'm running a 2" drop spindle as well.

heres my ride height, 100% of the time...no bags, but went with a Wilwood 2" drop spindle 17" rim, 26.5" tire
attachment.php

If I go buy approximate locations in our pictures Ross it appears our spindle is in the same spot on the fender lines. Also our tires seem to end up located in the fender whole at the same spot.

That 20" wheel really fill the wheel well.....should look real low once on the ground

fun to work with you guys....all of ya are friggin' magician's

3 weeks!!!!....I'd better get to work

fun to work with you guys....all of ya are friggin' magician's

3 weeks!!!!....I'd better get to work
Denny I had a quick thought could you move the shock mount out about 1-1 1/2"? that might make room for the shockwave bags I wanna run. I have to mount them upside down according to Air ride tech support but if we move the upper mount out is should give us nice clearance.

Denny I had a quick thought could you move the shock mount out about 1-1 1/2"? that might make room for the shockwave bags I wanna run. I have to mount them upside down according to Air ride tech support but if we move the upper mount out is should give us nice clearance.

it's possible...the difficult we do immediately...the impossible takes an extra day or two.

I would like to test fit one to see if there is any interference issues with the upper control arm/upper ball joint.

can you get me one or make a cardboard cutout/replica for mock-up?

send me a picture. I know I have considered them in the past....but didn't fit MY application at the time

so your feeling the love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if they knew how much I really enjoyed this stuff.....they would be trying to charge me....

check it out....already got a change/redesign order on the shock mounts....that's what I like, these boys are always thinking

-
Back