What have I gotten myself into?

-
Quote from
Bret Voelkel
President
RideTech
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

Without calculating the exact motion ratio of that suspension, the ShockWave itself will see approx double the weight that you see at the tire. So if you have 1800 lbs total on the front tires [900lbs at each tire], you will need a spring [air or coil] that will have a load capacity of 1800 lbs each. The 8000 series won't do it unless you can inflate it to around 150 psi. The airspring itself could take that pressure but you would have a hard time finding a compressor that would live reliably at that pressure. Even at that, the spring rate would be quite high and the rise time would be unacceptably slow.

Your "decision that sucks the least" is to make clearance for the 6.5" dia 1000 series ShockWave.

Just looking at the picture, you may be able to install the 1000 series ShockWave in the inverted position [airspring portion towards the bottom] to get adequete clearance.

Quote from
Bret Voelkel
President
RideTech
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

Without calculating the exact motion ratio of that suspension, the ShockWave itself will see approx double the weight that you see at the tire. So if you have 1800 lbs total on the front tires [900lbs at each tire], you will need a spring [air or coil] that will have a load capacity of 1800 lbs each. The 8000 series won't do it unless you can inflate it to around 150 psi. The airspring itself could take that pressure but you would have a hard time finding a compressor that would live reliably at that pressure. Even at that, the spring rate would be quite high and the rise time would be unacceptably slow.

Your "decision that sucks the least" is to make clearance for the 6.5" dia 1000 series ShockWave.

Just looking at the picture, you may be able to install the 1000 series ShockWave in the inverted position [airspring portion towards the bottom] to get adequete clearance.

there compressors wont last for sure but a good viar or a air zeneth with a check valve will do the job. i can easilly get 200lbs of air in a 5-8gal tank, and lift this car with 3/8in lines i bet.. 1/4inch lines is prob pushing it. as for the ratio of the suspension denny will have to calculate that . but i bet the 8000 will work. i mite just buy them and see if they work. worst that can happen is they cant and you can return them if not busted up.:burnout:

a good slam specilities re6 is the size of a 2500lb firestone that does not bowout when inflated. this would prob work if mounted low but will need to mount a shock on the lower control arm like the M2 kits.

i was told that the 1000's ridetech was not to be mounted unside down ?

there compressors wont last for sure but a good viar or a air zeneth with a check valve will do the job. i can easilly get 200lbs of air in a 5-8gal tank, and lift this car with 3/8in lines i bet.. 1/4inch lines is prob pushing it. as for the ratio of the suspension denny will have to calculate that . but i bet the 8000 will work. i mite just buy them and see if they work. worst that can happen is they cant and you can return them if not busted up.:burnout:

He said the other problem you will have is ride quality. I told him if I was worried about ride quality I'd put 14's on it with 318 torsion bars.

a good slam specilities re6 is the size of a 2500lb firestone that does not bowout when inflated. this would prob work if mounted low but will need to mount a shock on the lower control arm like the M2 kits.

i was told that the 1000's ridetech was not to be mounted unside down ?

Well here is the companies president telling us it's ok.

He said the other problem you will have is ride quality. I told him if I was worried about ride quality I'd put 14's on it with 318 torsion bars.

after building may bagged cars/trucks i really cant see 150lb of air to raise it up. JMO

the f100 i did has a big block in it and it had 2500 firestones at first. every one said it wouldnt lift it. well it did and rode 80psi in them and rides great. took them out and got slam re6's and rides even better with the same amount of air psi.

Seems like alot of extra work and money just to look low when parked..but I can admire your effort and determination....So with that said, before I started my project ...one of my Inspiration builds was the G-force Dodge Demon...and they ran air suspension. I did alot of research on copying this but I just couldn't justify the cost ...($10K+ in suspension alone including K and rear links). That was Heres some pics and link to the build. Don't know if you've seen it before maybe it will help.

http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=DEMON

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_4696.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_6099.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_5112.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_6434.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 616
Seems like alot of extra work and money just to look low when parked..but I can admire your effort and determination....So with that said, before I started my project ...one of my Inspiration builds was the G-force Dodge Demon...and they ran air suspension. I did alot of research on copying this but I just couldn't justify the cost ...($10K+ in suspension alone including K and rear links). That was Heres some pics and link to the build. Don't know if you've seen it before maybe it will help.

http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=DEMON

Ross that car is my inspiration as well. If they got it to work with RMS stuff then we can do it too.

Ross that car is my inspiration as well. If they got it to work with RMS stuff then we can do it too.

Yea, with Dennys system you dont have that upper shock mount bracket taking up space on the outside of the frame rail....which should give you more room for "Bags".

i think im lower that that already hahaha. that car wouldnt work for me exhaust headers srcrapin the ground! if im goin low everything gota be tuckd up high.JMO

king_kong_cuda_large_02_zps477bcb2f.jpg

john this was the stance i was talking about. that is what im shooting for if i go with bags. 18/20's

I'm pretty sure that is its "sittin height"....up a little for driving

Just pulled my seats back out and will be peeling the hump open like a can and raising the tunnel this week or next. I also have my other drip rail to finish off while I wait for Denny to say my K-member is ready(can you tell I'm pumped?) I've been looking for a set of tires to throw under the rear end since I gave my mock up tires to SuperT for his Magnum. If anyone has a set of 295/40/20's or 285/45/20's laying around that are round and hold air let me know.

A very tough decision was made today that I have been tossing around for almost 2 years now in my head.

I will be chopping the top on the Scamp. I know this will add time to my build but it's a choice I have thought long and hard about and one I did not make lightly. I will also be using a different rear window to aid in the process and will be creating a Scamp 500 so to speak. I'm not sure what the final result will look like but I will be using my Aspen rear glass and a custom rear layout to make the car one of the most unique Plymouth Scamps on the road. I will post picture of every aspect of the Chop.

Got to admire your ambition. Looking forward to seeing it.

I think i have set of 285/45/20's in the trunk of my dart that are good. I will check and get back to you.

-
Back