What have I gotten myself into?

-
And after talking to you yesterday I know you love a challenge which is why I think we can make these shocks work. I haven't ordered one yet due to obvious budget limits and I would rather wait until we have an idea they will work.I can c notch the frame for bag clearance too.

Yes however they don't recommend it for front end use. They have a 4.25 wide unit but it's only 13" extended

Mustang 2 fitment
MUS-AIRSHOCKS-2.jpg

to make it happen the shock would have to be more upright.....inward at the bottom....outward at the top.

I've seen this movie before.....that set-up has a lot more hub to frame room than we are dealing with.

I think it is do-able....just a little re-design on lower control arm shock mount and the upper shock mount/support

I've seen this movie before.....that set-up has a lot more hub to frame room than we are dealing with.
I've been staring at Ross' pictures for hours running the measurements through my head and that is the only reason I'm thinking about it.

I do the same thing...with yours...Ross's...and Cody's

well calm down...at this stage it's just a sketch on a cocktail napkin.

ask HemiMark how that works out

the 6.5 inch shock wave will not fit unless you c the frame section. and extend the A arm fully outward.it is very tight. i have a shockwave 6.5 bag and it is tight. The 8000's series bags will work but they say its not recommended. it can lift 1250lbs each. Denny said our cars weigh about 1800 total in the front. im still tossing arround the idea of the bags in front and coil overs in the rear. im trying to bring in my spindle location as far in as possible and run the biggest BS wheel as possible so i can turn fully very low to the ground.

the 6.5 inch shock wave will not fit unless you c the frame section. and extend the A arm fully outward.it is very tight. i have a shockwave 6.5 bag and it is tight. The 8000's series bags will work but they say its not recommended. it can lift 1250lbs each. Denny said our cars weigh about 1800 total in the front. im still tossing arround the idea of the bags in front and coil overs in the rear. im trying to bring in my spindle location as far in as possible and run the biggest BS wheel as possible so i can turn fully very low to the ground.

Have you tried it flipped? The guy at Air Ride tech was adamant about it fitting like that.

2013-01-01_22_18_24_zpse3a8ba03.jpg

both ways. gona be tight. im leaning towards the 8000's i think it can lift it just fine

The tech guys are not saying the 8000 will work, however, he said the 1000 series will if we c notch the frame a bit. I don't think we can notch it with the K-member bolt right there though.

-
Back