What have I gotten myself into?

-
looks good. keep working its coming together nice.

what a crowd pleaser!

I bet you can't wait to get it done....just so someone can tell his girlfriend..."I had one JUST like it in high school"....Boy, will that frost your nuts!

what a crowd pleaser!

I bet you can't wait to get it done....just so someone can tell his girlfriend..."I had one JUST like it in high school"....Boy, will that frost your nuts!

"Ya, I didn't know they made that hood on a Dart. I had that exact same hood on my Duster, stock. It had the 426 Hemi 6 pak with the HD 727 4-Speed. Nobody could touch me. They don't make them like they used to. Scamp though? Never heard of it."
:wack:

This thread is great! I love the body mods and the HemiDenny suspension...now I know why Detroit isn't building cool cars anymore. All the talent is here. I wish the new Dart was more like this.

Wait what? this is the last page??? crap I thought this car would be finished by now.... lol

damn.:happy1:

what a crowd pleaser!

You know I might be kinda hot, but, I will let them think whatever.

This thread is great! I love the body mods and the HemiDenny suspension...now I know why Detroit isn't building cool cars anymore. All the talent is here. I wish the new Dart was more like this.

Wow what a great compliment. I am humbled by all of the praise I get on this build. I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone on a good deal of this car because I couldn't afford to do things I really wanted to do. I would never attempt body work myself before this car but by the time I'm done I will be able to do most of it myself. I was going for a Modern version of what I thought they could build today if they wanted to so again thank you for that comment.

Wait what? this is the last page??? crap I thought this car would be finished by now.... lol

damn.:happy1:

Not yet sorry. Getting close too. I'm not doing much this week because I have been swapping an engine for my buddy to help pay for getting my rear axle's cut and the housing ends welded on so she can be a "roller" Also sent the wheels to my painter(across the building) so the front's will match the rears. Got the drivers side quarter mostly finished then the final coat on the rear bumper and the passenger quarter and the body work is 80% finished. When I see this car in paint I think I will die a bit inside because that means I can't change anymore sheet metal without re painting the whole thing.

"Ya, I didn't know they made that hood on a Dart. I had that exact same hood on my Duster, stock. It had the 426 Hemi 6 pak with the HD 727 4-Speed. Nobody could touch me. They don't make them like they used to. Scamp though? Never heard of it."
:wack:

That's why I'm leaving every badge off the car too. I want these people to ASK what it is. No Plymouth, no dodge, no hemi, nothing not a single identifier anywhere.

:protest:Why does my luck suck sometimes. Primered the quarter after sanding out the pants mark and my buddy goes to run his hand down the quarter to see if it's straight and it was still tacky so he left big as$ fingerprints in the new primer. :banghead:

Is there a big *** paint spot on his big dumb ***?

Anything going on here or has everybody got paint on the back of thier pants?

Took some time to rest my back. Hurt it swapping giant tires. I have to remake my lower control arm mounts on the axle housing, since I dropped the car 3" more then I had originally planned so I had a guy fab me up some custom mounts over at Fatty's Chassis and Speed parts. Great guy to work with he had the mounts fabbed up overnight and shipped this morning for $10 each. I also will have my master cylinder mount here today.

Matt was super cool to work with check out his website, I know he appears to be a chevy guy, but, he says he loves mopar.

http://www.fattyschassis.com/

IMAG0372_zps2636f185.jpg

This should be fun.

Great Strange won't touch my rear axle housing because they claim to not have the alignment bars for a 9.25" so I either need a new housing or I need to ship my housing out to someone to have the ends welded on. Damnit.

I'm having 4 bushings machined today to align the ends of my 8.8 for welding. Two will sit in the carrier bearing position, the other two in the axle bearing position with a pipe running down the center.

5 1/2 hours later, I have studied every single picture and read every single post. Very nice build. Can't wait to see the ending product.

5 1/2 hours later, I have studied every single picture and read every single post. Very nice build. Can't wait to see the ending product.

Thank you. I've become seriously motivated the last couple months so things are moving quickly.

I can't wait to see the end result either-I like that it's a Scamp :) So many folks that see my car ask if it's a Dart, and I say, very close-it's a Scamp...I just get the deer in the headlights look. If that weren't enough, I went to a local Dodge dealer to see if they had the oil filter adapter seal kit in stock. They asked what I was working on, and I said '72 Scamp, and he said something like, "...we don't carry Mitsubishi parts-only Mopar/Jeep." :banghead:

That took nearly half an hour for me to explain to him what parts I needed...I ended up ordering the parts from Mancini after I left empty handed.

Yeah I have to explain to people it's the darts redheaded step child cousin. I like the scamp for that reason it's got enough dart/valiant/duster DNA to allow me to use a mix of their parts.

Just ordered some RMS parts. I am going to redo my rear suspension so I ordered their spring relocation boxes. Don't need to do it however I like being able to adjust my lower arm mounting point.

-
Back