What Heads to use

-

McSCAMP

Reaction score
I have 340 stroked to a 396 with 628 solid roller cam i need to buy some heads not exactly rich so i would like some recommendations for heads Thank you

Get a head in the range of 180-190 cc intake runner and flow in the 270-300 range and have a good/fast burn chamber and 2.02/1.625 valves and you should have more than enough.

Street car or race car? What budget?
Guess a street car not a huge budget if I have to wait to get what is really needed because of money I will.It will also be going to the track.Its a car im probably not going to be out riding around town alot but i will be driving It.I kinda live out in the sticks so there is alot of space to launch it up and down the road and then take it back home

How much money do you have? What pistons are in it?[/
i have flat top pistons and as far as money i probably a 1000 to put towards my heads right this second but like i said i dont mind waiting to make sure i have what i need Thanks

With that cam I'd wait and get a good set of Edlebrock Prepped heads with at least a stage II porting. Try Hughesengines.com Give Hughes a call, they'll be more than glad to help you. They are Mopar only. Hope this helps you decide.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/index.php

I may have a set of ported edelbrocks for sale.

Not sure I'm going to use them again. I have them at the shop right now and will be going through them. You'll need to put your own springs/retainers on them.

Anyways the price goes up with the work I have to pay for at the shop. They were in the $2200-2400 range new with porting. Not sure what I want for them now but it would be reasonable considering the work done to them.

Street car or race car? What budget?

you don't do heads nor know anything about them so shut your fuckin mouth *** lick.

Bobby answered this one already, you fuckin knob.

But I guess you can't see this, thanx ****.

Sounds like Crack's heads are a good alternative to new. If they were that much new and done they should be in the 280 range depending on the method and shop that did them. I'd want to see the flow sheets for them too. They'd be in line with something I'd be looking to run.

Mopar Action June 09 issue Did a flow rate shoot out on Stock Magnum, MP Aluminum Magnum, MP Iron R/T, MP Ed Alluminum and something called Engine Quest Cast Iron. You should buy this mag and look at it. They do verious lift intake and exhaust. The Engine Quest was was a good as the ed head alum. They didn't give a price on the head but said "... usually though of as simply low-cost ... bolt-on stock replacement heads... so we almost discounted them, figuring that they must be some Chinese junk. ... they were the overal intake flow winner, and, except for the junkyard, the lowest priced heads of all."

None of those heads in stock form are what you're looking for IMO... so consider the price of porting and setup for that roller.

-
Back