What is a "Hurst 340"? Craigslist ad...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I found this on Craigslist. I actually checked it out. Its a solid car, but someone was beating the snot out of it, there was rubber everywhere, even on the hood! Someone did a lot of work to it, but it still has a 8 1/4" rear end (NOT a Sure Grip either).

I kind of liked it in that High School kind of way, but there was something (or a lot about it) that was weird.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3477130375.html

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 890
Yea... It seems like he's trying to fool somebody.

It appears to be a /6 car, but the stickers prove otherwise!

I know a guy that would salivate over this car, but then, he thought Thrush side pipes on a Cutlass Supreme that had been stink bugged with air shocks was badass...... Pardon me for a minute...:puke: :puke: Now I feel better.

Well... I'm sure it holds some value. Like I say, that body IS solid. If it is an actual 340 (although obviously not proper no matter what the sticker says).
I do think there is a certain value here.

However?? $6,500... I agree, that is the question. Usually people like this are asking $12,000 lol! So I guess, its not a TOTAL stretch, but a good stretch :) IMO.

Well it may or may not have a 340 IN it now, but it sure as hell didn't when it was new.

"Hurst?" really? So far as I know, hemi and 440 Darts were the only Hurst versions

I took this pic when I was there...

I wonder if the traction bars are stock? :D

Attachments

• dart22.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 984
Wait, a Hurst car with an auto trans? Doesn't even have a hurst shifter! :wack:

And, last year for the 340 was '73. :eek:ops:

Bogus all the way around. Probably a /6 car that's been stickerized by some moron. You know each sticker is worth like 5 hp right? :D

"72blu beat me to it lol "also the 340 was swapped to the 360 after 73 so no way its stock probably has a 318 in it he is calling a 340 always check the numbers hell by these standards my car is 8k easy rofl

attachment.php

I'll admit its friday night and I have had a few adult beverages. But some things with this rear end don't look rite at all.

Don't the shocks attach to the leaf spring perches? they are attached to some plate on top of the housing. also what are those two random brackets? under the shock brackets? what the heck is going on here? rednecks cobbled together nightmare? There's a friggen bolt under the one shock plate! my god. This poor car! who knows what else is messed up on that thing.

Good call on the shocks . They aren't even level . Also , the rubber plug in the carrier . Mine is still a screw in , but its a 73 . When did they start the pop in kind ?

attachment.php

I'll admit its friday night and I have had a few adult beverages. But some things with this rear end don't look rite at all.

Don't the shocks attach to the leaf spring perches? they are attached to some plate on top of the housing. also what are those two random brackets? under the shock brackets? what the heck is going on here? rednecks cobbled together nightmare? There's a friggen bolt under the one shock plate! my god. This poor car! who knows what else is messed up on that thing.

YUP!

attachment.php

Someone has been chugging the bong water......by the gallon.....

Hurst did make a automatic shifter remember the old gtos they had it.

I've got a Hurst shifter in my Dart. Does that mean the value just went up?!?! What a turd.

I think the custom shock mounts were needed because the slapper bars were in the way of where the shocks were supposed to mount.................it is CUSTOM!!!!!

-
Back