What is happening to me? (Plus awesome link)

-

matthon

Reaction score
First I added the scoop, I want to add the Plymouth lettering over the rear tires, I want a paint job similar to the Hogsden photo and I don't even care if it is shiny or perfect, and I am considering Keystone mags- to replace my Cragars- I hated Keystones when I was growing up!
I found the Cuda sticker and thought it was too cool so I stuck it to the rear window.
And I want a set of old tires, Formula 1 Super Stock I think they were, etc, etc.

Now I can't get enough of these websites with the old race pics:
http://www.mts.net/~red67/index.html

And that website is too cool by the way.

DSC05909.jpg

RMAA6906.jpg

slopoke.jpg

DSC05911.jpg

sounds like you're on the right track!!! keep going! love that funky 60's/70's style!!

That link has a dozen pages of truly great pics. Just randomly grabbed one and at first I didn't even notice the injected Hemi Superbird in the foreground.

2oldtrapper.jpg

Nothings wrong.I love the look of 60s,70s,and late 80s style .My Duster is rattlecanned flat black with 5 slots,and I want to add a scoop on it soon =D
I want to find Cragars for mine someday too.

You're having a relapse,nothing wrong with that.Those are the cars I saw at the strip growing up and I think they still look great today.I allways liked the Keystones.Those Fback Cudas were super cool,just ask Sox and Martin.8)

Holy crap! :tongue9:I just checked the link. That's the strip I used to go to,a long time ago.It was 30 miles out of town,they had the best of the best for cars.Right from your basic stockers right up to top fuel.I recognized Old Trapper and clicked on the link.Thanks for the memory trip matthon.8)

I began racing in '64. There were a lot of Ontario racers I remember from those photos. Some I lined up against. Some I beat. Some of the pro racers I envied, still do. Thanks for the memories.

Advice: Build your Cuda the way you want to. There's nothing wrong with "old school".

sscuda
8)

When I bought my 66 Dart,the plan was OldSkool cool.I joined Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racers(ONDR)to be in the mix with the old racers and cars.I also like the old school look!
Racing the 66 Dart 013.jpg

Racing the 66 Dart 013.jpg

Charlie Hogsden used to be the parts guy at Midway Chrysler here in Winnipeg. He was also the local Direct Connection guru. That Barracuda still exists today. It got painted Panther Pink a few years ago and was sold last year. It is now prowling somewhere in Alberta.

Hogsden.jpg

Hogsden.jpg

Nothing wrong!

This is back in the day when people enjoyed their rides!!8)
Not letting them sit under a car cover for fear of a fly landing on it..

Scrolling further down the site, Bill's (Moparlvr) Dart. Lorne Lautens was the original owner of Bill's Dart. This photo was taken in the early 70's.

dave_cherrett.jpg

Caption
This smiling gentleman is one Dave Cherrett, who not only kindly contributed a few of his own snapshots but who still owns that cherry deuce parked behind him. Lorne Lautens held title to the '69 Dart posed alongside

Hey man... like far out, man..... *puff*
That's like... oh wow, man...... *puffff*
Groovy, man.... I'm diggin' it, man..... *pufffffffffffff*
Ya, man..... That cat's craaaaazy, man....... *cough*cough*
What a long, strange trip it's been, man........ *pufffffffffffffffffff*
Which way to Woodstock, man?........ *pufffffffffffffffffffffffffff*
Peace, brother.............. *pufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*
:hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2: :hippy2:

Wylde1.

Love this paint job!!! Anyone have anymore pics of the cuda???

attachment.php

I tried to adjust some of the redness out to get a more realistic hue from the pic.
This was the best I could do.
As cool as that car is/was, I'm sure there are more pics of it around.

purplecuda-1.jpg

attachment.php

Bob and Charlie's Cuda ran 12.00 all day long back in the 70's..on a good day it ran 11.90's with the 340 and stock ported heads and a 4 spd ..They had the first set of W2's in town and after they bolted those on it ran 10.0's...
Very nice car it had 12000 miles on it when they sold it only one year on the street the rest a 1/4 mile at a time.

I remember a little bit of the 70s. I bought a SS Cragar center cap belt buckle. Then I paid a leather crafter to make a black belt with one zig-zagged tread line at edges and FORMULA ! SUPER STOCK stamped in and painted white. I let a girl literally screw me out of it. Wonder what its worth today. LOL

I remember a little bit of the 70s. I bought a SS Cragar center cap belt buckle. Then I paid a leather crafter to make a black belt with one zig-zagged tread line at edges and FORMULA ! SUPER STOCK stamped in and painted white. I let a girl literally screw me out of it. Wonder what its worth today. LOL

Sounds to me you got well paid for the belt.:-D

I almost bought those rims/tires, but they are unilug and I have had bad experiences with them, just my own thing, not that the rims are garbage.
I wanted the tires but he would not separate.
That's where I got the scoop from though!
Lime Fire, one of the few 67s.
Is there a special lace they use for those paint jobs, or just whatever you can find?

107205129_kAVWo-M.jpg

RMAA6905.jpg

RMAA6903.jpg

-
Back