What is the most desirable year for the Dart?

-
1973 is the most desirable year for the Dart. That's why you should buy mine!

redbeard.gif

Great responses. Thanks so much.

There was indeed a reason for the question. I had a very tough decision to make. Below is a teaser photo of the result. I'll provide more photos when it's light tomorrow.

I give this reply first prize as most influential in my decision (the Ad photos are below - sorry I don't know how to put pics between paragraphs) :(

I don't have one but I say the 1969 340 Swinger

Second prize for the most amusing:

trapster I don't know, after 64 they all kinda look like boxes with wheels
So I got to say 64.

More to come when its light tomorrow.

Attachments

• grille.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 69 Dart Ad.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 69 Dart Ad 2.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 166
This thread was for the most desirable year Dart

Many are saying the 68 SS Dart

but really, how many of you want a car that was not street legal, not complete from factory, too valuable to drive, radiused rear 1/4s

I for one have never wanted a 68 SS Dart or Cuda

It also was only available to RACERS in the day

Average Joe Blow couldn't go tithe dealer and say, I WANT ONE OF THOSE, you had to be somebody

Some say the round marker lights, yeah they are cool.

But look at what AVERAGE JOE BLOW could order in 69, 340, 383 or a 440 with auto or 4 speed, deep gears from factory

The 70s with the dual scoops, yeah again cool but the big block was no longer on the option list and the cut off rear took some getting use to

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS TRUELY PERSONAL OPINION

He!! I love the 62 Dart

If sales # tells the story, what year sold the most, where a Slant 6 or Big block, that would answer what the buying public thought was the best

At auction the cars are so close in the 68, 69 with comparable car that is what is the desirable at this point, BUT IT STILL GOES BACK TO THE FACT THE ARE 2 PEOPLE with a HARD ON for the same car at the same place

There is no correct answer, just BULLSH*T opinions

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming

I sort of got the feeling the question was the best year for general consensus on looks, overall value AND best year for optional engines and higher level packages like the GTS or swinger. Another cool thing about '68's is they're the only year that someone can make a S/S clone out of. BTW, I've always loved the radiused rear wheelwells! But you make a good point by mentioning the '62 with the Max Wedge.

Late to the game, but in terms of being the most "desirable" today (as opposed to when they were new) I wonder if maybe the 1962 B body Dart might not fill the bill - all things being equal. Personally if I could buy a 62' 2 door Dart for the same money as a comparable any other year I think I would go with the 62' - and I'm not really that fond of the 62' Dart (while I am partial to the 62' Plymouth :)).

'69 GTS = better looking tail stripe and hood inserts, IMO......more refined. I still like '68's a tad more tho'.

68, no 67 one year only idler arm BS and has the cool round parking lamps plus the option to get the big motors. But the 67-69's are my favorite generation. Never liked the angled rear and the light in the bumper later style.

Here's the daylight pics as promised. It's not a GTS, looks kinda nasty but its very solid, rust is almost all surface only.

225 slant auto runs nice. Interior is toast from sun and mice but the dash is very nice. Have no trunk key so have not seen inside.

It sat somewhere around Lake Chelan WA for many years until someone retrieved it by ferry and it sold at auction a couple years ago. The guy had too many cars to fix so I picked it up. Lots of work to do. Thinking about a color...

Looks like this thread has a life of its own independent of its original purpose. Kinda fun.

Attachments

• New 69.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 122
  • New 69 2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 123
Yeah i tryed to stay indepenant with my post.Nice score needs some work but you got what you wanted and didnt settle so enjoy bring it back to life.

Looks like a nice car to start with, was in Washington State years ago and could not believe all the clean rust free older cars & trucks

To get in the trunk, remove back seat get someone real small, or long reach and turn the latch. Once open remove the lock cylinder and open with screwdriver till you get lock with key or one made.

My 67 Dart convertible was a slant 6 auto on column with few options. Value wise, you can do what you want and be. A clone swinger or GTS will still be worth more than a completely restored slant 6

Keep a photo journal before, during and after.

WE LIKE PICTURES HERE

Good Luck

To open the trunk, just climb up from the ground thru where the spare tire well USED to be.....just kidding. That looks like a nice find there! I gotta laugh everytime I see a green Mopar or one with at least a green interior. :happy2:

Never liked the angled rear and the light in the bumper later style.

Me either, although whenever I see one with that angled tail stripe.....it looks BADDAZZZZ!!

-
Back