what is this car?

-
A guy has one, along with a seventies beetle, about a block from my best friends house. Its parked in different spots when I go by, so he's driving it.
Also saw one at a tire shop here in Arizona a few months back, haven't seen it since.
What you NEVER see, Is a Kadett, like a buddy had in high school. I haven't seen one of those, in years!
(Many, MANY years ago, I had an Opel Rekord station wagon that I wanted to make a street rod out of. It would have made a killer gasser, but I didnt have the facilities or knowledge for that project at the time, and it went away. When I could have done it, a few years later, it was too late.)
yes the Kadette. there was a two door at an estate sale but the owner was supposedly taking it with him when he moved. that or the two door wagon would be cool. Remeber the Manta?

I had to do a search on the Manta, I could not for the life of me remember what it looked like. I would take one.....

opel manta.jpg

a family at church had one. I thought it was "neat" but far too engrossed in owning a 68 Camaro at the time.

yes the Kadette. there was a two door at an estate sale but the owner was supposedly taking it with him when he moved. that or the two door wagon would be cool. Remeber the Manta?
Sure do! Good looking car.
Did see a Kadette wagon at a local auction (mecum?) several years ago. Cute, very clean, but bid to about five times new price.

Pass.

Looks like the Brit car the snotty Professor in the film "Back to School" drove (sans wire-wheels). I thought that was a Morgan, but a google says a 1945-50 MG TC Midget. Perhaps the Morgan was related since some Brit cars then were incetuous. If interested, I recall a Wheeler-Dealers episode restored a Morgan. MG TC in "Back to School"
Morgan is/was a separate manufacturer from Morris Garages, Triumph, Austin, et al. Initially Morgan started as a three wheel automobile. It had two front wheels and one rear. It used an air cooled V twin mounted between the front wheels with its crankshaft longitudinal. The frames were made of oak. The first four wheel motorcars still had oak frames. I do not know what four banger was sourced for use in the +4. Eventually they negotiated purchase of the Buick/Olds designed Aluminium 3.5L V8 for the +8 model. By this time they had steel frames. I may be wrong but I think Morgan may still be in limited production. The Rover V8 is out of production now. Rover has used Ford and BMW engines since.

-
Back